Chapter 3

Emily

Well... This isn't what I expected when they said 'bachelorette' party.

I thought it was just gonna be me and my friends in a room with a guy dancing. But I guess I thought wrong?

I grimaced as the alcohol smelling air greeted my nose. Loud music was blaring from the building. Drunk people are everywhere, either passed out or making out. And this was just the parking lot.

So... This is what a bar looks like.

I looked at Donna, Claire and Abi with the disgusted look still on my face.

"What?" Donna asked as if she has no idea.

"You didn't tell me we're going to a bar... You know I don't like going to these kinds of places."

"Oh come on Em! It's just for tonight!" Claire said, grabbing my arm.

"Yeah, come on sis!" Abi said with a grin.

They all dragged me inside the building. I almost gagged because of the smell. I covered my nose with my handkerchief and looked at them disbelievingly.

They really wanted to go to a place like this instead of a more decent one? Like a sauna or something.

We squeezed through the dancing crowd. I grimaced once again when I saw some people making out in the middle of the dance floor.

Get a damn room.

After stepping on everyone's foot, we finally got out of the crowd and into a round table by the corner.

I sat down in relief and let out a breath. I'm already exhausted.

"Waiter!" Abi waved her hand up and called a waiter. A man in a uniform with black hair, came to our table and asked for our order.

They ordered their drinks then looked at me. I gave them a questioning look, "what?"

"What's your drink," Donna asked.

"Oh... I'm definitely sure it's not gonna be water," I answered.

"You're right. Another order of that drink for my sister," Abi told the waiter. The waiter left our table to get our drinks.

"So... Have you guys talked about the wedding?" Claire asked, placing her elbows on the table.

"Yeah, we have–"

"Oooo! Where's your honeymoon gonna be?" Donna interrupted.

I felt my blood go up to my face. We really haven't talked about it really. I haven't really thought about it either.
It never came into my mind.

Yeah, I know, 'how could we be together for 5 years without something happening?!', is probably what you're thinking.

Derek's the nicest guy I've ever met. He respected my decision to wait until marriage before we... y'know.

"Hellooo? Earth to Emily!"

I blinked furiously when I saw a hand waving infront of me. I looked at the three girls with a confused face.
I then realized that I zoned out.

I shook my head and answered them, "I-I don't know. We haven't talked about it yet..."

Donna shook her head. And before they ask any more questions, our waiter came to our table. But it wasn't the waiter that served us earlier. This one is taller and much more muscular. His hair was brown and has a strong jaw, while the other waiter has black hair and a much rounder jaw.

He smiled at the three girls before turning to me. I was startled by the way he looked at me. I don't know what, but the way he looked at me triggered a certain feeling. And something about those black orbs seemed familiar.

I looked away because it was getting weird.

"Thanks," Claire smiled at the waiter. He returned a nod before walking away. Before he disappeared completely in the crowd, he stole a glance at me.

I shivered and Abi noticed, "Are you okay? Something wrong?"

I looked at her and shook my head, "No. I'm alright. I'm... just not used to bars."

Donna drank half of her drink and jerked her head to the side, "Wooh! This is good."

Claire and Abi took a sip of theirs while I stared at mine. It was color blue and it was bubbling!

"Uh... Abi, is it supposed to be bubbling?" I asked her, holding up the glass close to my face to inspect the drink.

"Oh yeah. They use some kind of ingredient so it'd do that," she answered before taking another sip.

I hesitated at first but I gave in. They would force me to drink it one way or another. I took a sip at first and let the blue fluid invade my taste buds. The flavor stung for a bit but it went from awful to delicious.  My eyes widened. Donna was right. This was good.

I drank the rest of my drink and closed my eyes shut. I felt a bit tipsy already.

"Come on! Let's dance!" Claire shouted. She stood up and pulled me up from my chair.

"I-I'll just stay here. I don't dance," I attempted pull my hand away from her. But Abi pushed me towards Claire.

"Don't be a killjoy, Em!"

Before I could protest, they already pushed me onto the dance floor. No way out now.

I shook my head then smiled. We started dancing. After a few minutes, I saw Donna dancing with a guy. Tsk. Classic Donna.

In the middle of our little dance party, I felt my tummy churn and my head spin. Oh God, I am certainly not used to drinking. I only had one drink and this is already happening!

I tried to look for Abi through the crowd but she was nowhere to be seen. I stumbled as I tried to walk towards Claire. I yelled over the loud music, "I-I'm gonna go sit by our t-table. I f-feel dizzy."

"Do you feel alright? You want me to take you home?" She asked with a worried face.

"No. You guys keep going. I'm just gonna sit down." She nodded. I slowly walked towards the table we sat in.
I plopped down onto the cushioned chair and started massaging my temples.

I could feel the dizziness getting worse. I was already catching my breath. What the hell was in that drink?! I may not drink much but I'm definitely sure this isn't supposed to happen.

My body leaned onto the cushion and I slowly closed my eyes. I could feel my eyes collapsing. It got harder and harder to stay conscious every time I blinked.

Someone appeared infront of me. I couldn't look at the man's face because I didn't have the energy to look up.

And that's it. My body finally collapsed and everything went black.