Chapter 2

Emily

   It's been 3 weeks ever since Derek proposed. Yet that giddy feeling never left my system. You can't blame me really. We've been together for 5 years and 5 years is a pretty long time.

   The girls planned a 'bachelorette' party for me. I don't think I want to have a bachelorette party though... I'm not used to drinking or seeing naked guys.

   I applied light red lipstick onto my lips then looked at the mirror. My brown hazelnut hair was tied into a neat ponytail and little make up was applied to my face.

   "Knock knock."

   I turned around and saw Derek by my door frame. He smiled at me and I did the same.

   "Hey hun," I said as he walked towards me. When he got closer, I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck. I gave him a tiny peck on the lips and smiled.

   "You look beautiful as always," he complimented.

   "Aww, thanks," I couldn't help but grin from his compliment.

   "Don't you think it's a little too... revealing?" He raised his brow and smirked as his gaze lowered to my chest.

   He is such a perv at times.

   I rolled my eyes and pinched his side, "You are such a pig." He just laughed and wrapped his arms around my chest.

   "But seriously. Isn't it?"

   "I'll wear a jacket to stop you from worrying," I said. I removed his arms from my waist and walked over to my bed to get my jacket.

   "Emi, are you sure about this? I mean, you don't really drink. You might pass out or something," he said with a worried expression on his face.
   "Yes I am sure. I can't say no to my friends. They've been annoying me all week too. And I won't drink too much. I don't think I'll drink at all. I don't like the taste," I stated as I put on my jacket.

   "Well... Okay. Call me when you need me and let me know when you get home, okay?" He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at me.

   "Yes boss," I fake saluted and laughed softly. "Now you go. Don't wanna keep dad waiting."

   "I'm going, I'm going. Have fun honey," he kissed my cheek and left my room.

   I took my purse from my nightstand and checked if everything I needed was in there.

   Keys. Wallet. Credit cards–

   "EMILY!"

   I jumped and let go of my bag, causing it to fall onto the floor. I looked at the direction where the annoying voice came from. There, by the doorframe, I saw Abi.

   "Ever heard of knocking?" I said with irritation in my voice. I reached down for my purse and shot Abi a glare.

   "Never heard of it. Hurry up. We wanna go." She turned around and walked down the hall withot another word.

   I sighed and walked out of my room. I gotta learn how to lock my door next time.

   I looked through my purse as I walked down the stairs. I checked if anything fell out when it fell.

   "What took you so long?!"

   I jumped once again and shot my friend a glare.

   "Damn. You are so jumpy today," Abi commented.

   "No need to shout at me, Claire," I said as rolled my eyes at her.

   "You deserve to be yelled at, you took so long!" She yelled once again.
I winced from her voice and continued looking through my bag.

   "Shit, I think I forgot my phone upstairs. You guys start the car. I'll be right back," I didn't wait for their complaints or whining. I went upstairs to my room and looked around for my phone.

   I checked the nightstand, under the bed, in my backpack. No phone.
I was about to leave my room when I heard a beep. It was my phone. I went to my bed and checked under my pillow.

1 New Message

   I grabbed my phone and opened the message.

   From: Unknown Number
   Hey Em. Just wanted to say you look beautiful tonight in your dress and that I can't wait to see you. We'll be together again, don't worry. Have fun tonight.

   I frowned. Who could this be? Did Derek get a new number? He would've told me if he did though...
A shiver ran through my spine. I tried to shrug it off. It's probably Derek.

   I placed my phone in my purse and walked– well, ran,  downstairs. I went to the car and prepared myself from the complaints from Abi and my friends.

   Wellp. Here we go.