The Resistance (14)

Well my story has been doing really well rcently - 30 in thriller!!! But I am still 30 places away from 1! If I get there, then this story will be on the road to a minor success! So if you guys have bothered to read this, i would feel amazing if you voted as much as possible on my story! I implore you!

Enjoy this chapter, the action is approaching and for you adrenaline seeking maniacs (like me), more guns and grenades i should think! ;)

Thanks!

Enjoy!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Monique exploded in my mind, making her memories clearer and clearer as the horrible feeling of being in space filled me. She grasped our body, taking it over and sending me to the back of our mind where I floated in my memories and emotions.

Monique! I cried out.

She ignored me completely as she stood, our whole body trembling with fear, rage and hurt.

“You!” She screeched, pointing a shaking finger at him.

The man remained still staring at us with pity filled eyes.

“Yes, I,” he said, sadness colouring his tone.

“You spoke to my father two days before it happened! What did you say?” She yelled frantically.

Monique, calm dow-

Shut up! You don’t understand! You never will so shut up! She screamed at me mentally, making my consciousness whirl.

“What did you say?” She asked again, pronouncing each syllable bitterly.

He stared deep into our eyes and for a moment there, I thought he saw me.

“A lot happened and I regret much but now is not the time to discuss such things, we have a woman dying in our care and Maxime wishes to see you.”

Suddenly, we both remembered the old lady we had been carrying and worry filled us making Monique’s anger cool slightly.

“I want my answers,” Monique said quietly.

“You will get them; I can promise you that at least but for now, please see her.”

She hesitated and I could feel her mental question prodding me.

We should see her, I answered.

“Ok, we-I will see her,” she stuttered.

The man nodded and turned, beckoning to us as he began climbing the creaky staircase.

We followed reluctantly and I found myself falling into a dreamlike state. I frowned, waking myself up again but quickly falling back into it.

Why do I keep fuzzing out like this? I murmured to Monique.

I did it too; I think it’s just being stuck in thought like that for ages.

How come you’re so intelligent? I grumbled.

She shrugged mentally and set her attention back to reality.

I sighed; I did not like this. I hated not being able to feel control, just loitering in space made me feel so useless and tired.

Monique felt my irritation and sent me a questioning thought.

I ignored her and isolated myself in my own thoughts, coursing through them like pages in books. My mind rolled as I searched through all kinds of things, significant and pointless and then I stumbled across something I had stored away in the back of my memory years and years ago.