The Other Side (16)

So with this chapter, I bring my total of pages in Blood to 50 + !!!!! To celebrate this milestone of mine, I am doing an exclusive Monique's POV chapter to reveal some secrets and answer some questions! It isn't too exciting but I just need you guys to find out some more about Monique and to understand her better. I hope you enjoy this!

Thanks! Enjoy!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Floating. That is all I have been doing. It feels like I am stuck, trapped in space, unable to move, unable to speak. I don’t know what is happening; everything is so surreal, so impossible.

Taro has been here for a while; I can’t remember how long, at least a week maybe two. I hardly know her but I know everything about her. Everything that has ever happened to her I know but she is still a stranger. I know her first kiss, her graduation, her family, her likes and dislikes and everything else, anything and everything that has ever happened to her.

The more I think about her, the more I know, the harder it becomes to accept her. I want to forgive, do what my father, God, asks but it is so hard to do so. She has taken my body, my actions and my life. She has lived in another dimension, somewhere that shouldn’t and can’t exist and then she has killed.

That may be the hardest part. I remember what she remembers and now I remember every little detail of that night, the night she killed, the night she committed homicide.

I would have shivered from it but I am motionless, just floating in nothing.

I have so much time to think, too much. Everything I ever done, ever thought, ever felt seems to pass by. My family seems to crop up the most and every time it does, it feels like a knife stabbing straight through my heart. I hate thinking about it yet it seems inevitable that I do.

They are dead, they are gone, and there is nothing you can do, I say or rather think to myself though my heart wallows in the sadness and grief of their deaths.

My mother, Helene, she was beautiful. She looked sort of like me though her hair was an even lighter shade of blonde, almost white and completely straight unlike my slightly wavy one. Her eyes were brown and she was quite tall. She has a kind and compassionate personality and was always there for me. Only now did I realise just how much I needed her.

My father, Quentin, was quite different to my mother. He had wild attire with brown coarse hair, cropped just below the ear and bright blue eyes full of energy. He was quite the gentlemen and very charismatic which helped him achieve mayor of St Cyr de Favieres. When he met my mother, they fell in love quickly and courted for just over five months before my father asked my mother’s father for the permission to marry her. He agreed a little grudgingly and they married within the week. A month or so later, my mother fell pregnant with me.

Seven years later, my mother accidently fell pregnant with my brother. Of course, at my young age, I grew jealous and when he was born, I acted terribly. My parents named him Nathan and as soon as I was left alone with him, I would bully him. Anything thing from pulling his hair to breaking his toys and during that period, I was given many slaps and punishments, going to bed with an empty stomach or being made to wash all the dishes for the maids. Later on as I matured, I did realise I was being silly though I did still hold some bitterness for him, with the small thoughts that he had stolen my parents from me. These feelings faded entirely though we still fought like cats and dogs.

Remembering him now, I sighed. He was a beautiful kid to be sure. He inherited all the charm and charisma of my father along with the beautiful blue eyes and the beautiful blond hair of my mother. That was something I envied deeply, him looking like the incarnation of an angel but I did manage to turn that into a form of teasing…