Chapter 3 - Stunned

Chapter 3: Stunned

Rachel's POV

She just sits there, stunned.

"Uhh…" Sam starts, "Rachel… This is Veronica. The new transfer student."

Of course she knows that! What she wants to know is why the girl is sitting in front of her, siting all comfortably at her table. She glances at Allison who's sitting next to the girl, She’s pretty sure that she had something to do with this. She probably talked to her after homeroom when Rachel had to rush to the school office because she was called by the principal.

"Rachel." Allison looks at her with a sheepish expression. She glares at her. "Can I… talk to you for a second?"

She doesn’t respond and just keeps glaring at her. Why didn’t Allison discuss this with her before making this kind of decision? Allison gives her a look that says ‘Please I’m begging you.’ She rolls her eyes and gets up from the table, not before glaring at Veronica. She could have sworn that the girl flinched a little. She smirks.

As soon as they enter the cafeteria she crosses her arms and looks at Allison expectantly. “Speak.”

“I asked her to sit with us.” Allison says, though it kind of sounded more like a question.

“What the hell Ally?!”

"I don't get what your problem is with her! She’s just a new student. Plus, she’s really nice!”

Rachel rubs her temple and takes a deep breath. She’s getting worked up over a girl that isn’t even worth it. She calms down and looks at Allison again.

"You're not giving up anytime soon, are you?"

“Nope, not the tiniest bit." Allison grins, making a gesture with her thumb and pointer finger. "Besides, didn’t coach say that we needed to hold a try-out for one more member? I’m pretty sure Jane’s ankle isn’t going to-“

“Ally.” Rachel frowns. “She may have told us that she’s a cheerleader. But that doesn’t mean she’s good. Plus did you see the way she looked at Alex?!”

She really doesn’t like Veronica. Just marching in and openly flirting with Alex like that… the nerve of that girl! She was probably a whore in her old school. Maybe that’s why she transferred! It’s already suspicious enough that she suddenly transfers to their school 3 months late. She didn’t trust her.

But noticing a while ago how her friends have already accepted her in their group means that she has no choice but to let it be. It might actually be better for Rachel to keep a close eye on her.

“She doesn’t even like Alex. That was nothing Rach, really.”

“Whatever. She probably can’t even cheer anyway.”

"Then let her try out! If coach doesn’t like her then… you can ask her to not hang out with us.” Rachel grins evilly at this. “But that’ll force me to ditch you guys and keep her company though.” She frowns.

She narrows her eyes at her best friend, but knowing that she really had no other choice. “Fine.”

"So… you're cool with her hanging out with us?" Allison asks with a hopeful expression.

“No.”

"But you’ll let her hang out with us?”

She nods reluctantly. "Only if by a slim chance, she does happen to be good. Then I can tolerate her, I guess."

"Love you!" The blonde squeals and gives her a tight hug.

"Whatever.” Rachel dismisses and walks back to the table, leaving her grinning best friend.