Chapter 8 - Damn it Heath!

Chapter 8: Damn it Heath!

Veronica's POV

I glance out the window of the car as the driver starts driving to Rachel's house... Oops, I should probably say mansion. Rachel didn't want to ride together so I had to ask our driver to pick me up and drive me to her place. Typical Rachel.

We were going to work on our midterm project today. Goodluck to me, I have about the same talent at painting as a toddler. I see a couple of performers walking on the street and my thoughts drift back to last night's events. The show we watched was okay, I guess. But the highlight of the night was really Ashley's confession.

She told me that she might still have feelings for me and also asked if I wanted to try it one more time. And oddly enough, I asked if we could just be friends. She bit her lip and nodded before smiling back at me saying "Of course, V."

She was pretty cool with it and we got to enjoy the night without being awkward at all. It was only then when I realized that I didn't have feelings for Ashley anymore. But when she dropped me off at my apartment I swear I heard her mutter something about making up for it. I figure it's because of the play. I lied, it was pretty bad.

I laughed it off and told her that it was fine and we can just go watch a better show in the future. She just smiled and ruffled my head before walking away.

I get distracted from my thoughts when the car starts approaching a huge luxurious townhouse. And by huge, I mean huge. Like three high-class townhouses huge. Is this even legal in New York?

I stare at the house gaping and look at the driver.

"Are you seeing this??"

He looks at me with the same expression. "Yes miss. Yes I do."

I'm startled by a knock on the car window and I see a maid smiling down at me. I get out the car and say goodbye to the driver before following the maid inside the house.

"Ms. Rachel has instructed me to bring you up to her room. Please follow me Ms. Heath."

It. Was. Huge.

I've never seen a house this big before. Even Sam and Will's house had nothing on this! The living room alone looked like a hotel lobby and that's not even an exaggeration.

"Wow it feels like I'm in a hotel."

"It feels the same for us too miss." The maid chuckles. "But we've gotten used to it."

I nod slowly and keep looking around until we reach a hallway on the second floor. We stop in front of a large door and she knocks on it three times.

"Ms. Rachel. Your friend is here."

I hear a muffled "she's not my friend" from inside the room and roll my eyes and laugh.

"Good to see you too Rachel." I say when she opens the door.

She glares at me before opening the door wider. "Just come in. Let's start working."

-

"Rachel I swear this is the best I can do." It was a portrait of her. Well at least it kind of looked like a portrait of her. Abstract portraits are a thing, right?

She groans and walks over to me, putting her hands on her hips. She scoffs at the awkward grin and thumbs up I'm giving her. "What do you think?"

"Do I really look like a freaking potato to you?"

It so did not look like a potato! Like yeah, it didn't resemble her at all but I warned her about this. "Hey I worked hard on this!"

"Yeah, for like an hour."