Chapter 18 - Exs and Ohs

Chapter 18: Exs and Ohs

Veronica

"You guys ready for the long weekend?" Sam says, putting his arms over Aly and I's shoulders as we walk out of school.

"Yes!" Aly squeals from the other side.

Tomorrow's the start of the long weekend. Four days of no school and no cheer practice. So of course, the twins decided to invite everyone to their beach house.

"Too bad Melissa and Kent can't go though." I frown. It really was a bummer because we don't have that much time left to hang out with them.

"Yup. Total bummer." Sam says, still grinning. Aly elbows him on the side.

"Ow!"

"At least try to pretend like you care!"

"But it's not my fault they have to prepare for college stuff." He holds his waist in mock pain.

Honestly, I'm stoked for the trip. God knows how much I've missed the west coast beaches. Or beaches in general. I'm definitely going to hit the waves this weekend, good thing I decided not to get rid of my surfboard when we moved.

"So V," Sam starts, turning to me. "What did Ashley say?"

"She said she'll go. She's pretty excited about it, she said she needed a breather."

"So, what's been going on with you two?" Aly wiggles her eyebrows playfully at me.

I groan, dropping my head backward. "I keep telling you guys, nothing!"

"What secrets are you not telling us V!" Sam starts shaking my shoulders, laughing.

"Secrets? Is this about the viral pool video?"

Sam and Aly stop what they're doing and turn to Rachel, who's approaching us with an amused expression.

"What viral video?" They both say in unison, sporting curious faces.

My hands clasp Rachel's mouth to stop her from explaining before I realize what she just said. I push us a few steps away from Sam and Aly, and she slaps my hand away, glaring at me.

"Get your hand off me!"

"How'd you know about the pool part?"

Her eyes grow wide and my eyes follow suit a second after. She looks away with a straight face.

"D- did you search for it??"

She scowls at me and crosses her arms but I notice her cheeks getting red. "Why would I care about your scandal?"

I gape at her, taking a step back. "Okay, that is not true. It wasn't a scandal... But oh my god! You totally did watch it!"

She rolls her eyes at me and storms back to Sam and Aly. I follow after her and they all look at me, waiting for an explanation. I sigh, better to just rip the band aid at this point. I start explaining to them what happened last year between me and Ashley. Sam looks like he's really into it. Meanwhile, for someone who decided to search for it themselves, Rachel's looking at her nails and yawning.

"Oh my-" Aly says after I finish, covering her mouth, trying to hide a grin.

"So... Ashley's basically your gateway drug to the world of lesbos." Sam snickers.

I glare at him and he raises his hands in surrender.

"Huh. It's not as scandalous as I thought it was gonna be." Aly says with a thoughtful look on her face.