Twenty-Three: Seeking Help

"Wow! That was close," I exclaimed gripping the car's steering wheel just in time to avoid slamming into a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction.

Pressing onto the brakes, I transitioned the car into a more controllable gear.

"Thanks for saving my life Lord," I mumbled to myself', removing my right hand from the steering and drawing an invisible cross across my chest.

Finally I was infront of Sandra's apartment. Quickly I emerged from the car. Happy I was still in one piece.

Normally I would park the car in the garage, but today I didn't bother to go that far. I just wanted to get out of this car which had just merely missed an accident.

Slamming the door shut I hurried into the apartment building. Unfortunately I didn't reach the elevator in time. The door slid shut just before I could get in.

So I decided to take the stairs, all the way to the third floor. I started mounting the stairs quickly, but then, I was hit by a stinging pain within my gut.

Forcing me to cease all move movements and cling to the rails.
The pain was extremely intense.

Resulting in a few teardrops, spilling from my eyes. The child inside my belly was bringing me terrible discomfort.

But now, I could no longer think of aborting it. It was now a part of me. Apart of my life, a part of who I was. And probably the only thing that was keeping me alive.

The pain finally passed after about few minutes and I resumed the climb to the third floor, this time taking the stairs slowly and steadily.

When I got to the second floor I was more than exhausted. I was blacking out. I was fainting, so instead of continuing by the stairs. I stopped on the second floor and waited for the elevator.

The elevator arrived rather quickly and within a matter of seconds, I was standing in front of Sandra's apartment and knocking the door.

Opening the door Sandra hugged me excitedly and said; "Sandra, I'm so happy to see you. What the fuck! you're pregnant?"

"Who's the lucky guy? And why the hell didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" Ask Sandra eager to hear my response.

"I'll tell you everything Sandra, but right now. I'm all tired and exhausted, can I have a seat and some water please?" I asked irritatedly.

"Sure. I'm sorry I started lining you with all my questions before making sure you're comfortable" Sandra reply rather quickly ushering me to the couch.

She then headed off to the kitchen and returned with a glass of water, a box of milk and a dish containing two slices of toasted bread.

"Thank Sandra" I reply, taking the dish with the toasts and devouring them with the milk that was placed alongside the water on the small glass table.

I didn't feel like having the water anymore and as such, I didn't drink it. When I was through eating the toasts and drinking the Milk.

Sandra returned to the kitchen with the empty milk box and the plate.

Hastily Sandra dumps the empty box into the bin, washed the dish then returning to the living room and sat on the couch next to me.

"Sandra, it's a long story. I'll just give you it all in a summary."

"Sure, I couldn't expect you to go into every detail, that would take forever and we haven't forever." Replied Sandra, popping the gum she was chewing.

"Well... here's how it all started. I went on a date with Michal. We had sex, I forgot to use a condom. Then I found out I was pregnant! I was scared. I wanted to abort the baby, but evidently I didn't. Then about a week ago I cheated on Michal with Andy, yes he's the Andy you know."

"I know! That was stupid. And yes, I got caught. Michal had a fight with Andy and he said some real mean stuff to me. And now he doesn't want to see or hear from me" I finished, sobbing.

"Are you sure he doesn't want to talk to you. Have you tried texting him?" Asked Sandra.

"No Sandra" I replied, taking a deep breath.

"I haven't tried texting or talking to him. I just figured he wouldn't want to see or hear from me." I finish admiting the truth.

"No Sasha, you can't just make assumptions, this is your relationship we're talking about here."

"If you really want Michal back in your arms, you've got to go over his house and apologize to him. Let him know how you feel about him. Tell him you're sorry."

"I can hardly believe you got into a relationship, Sasha."

"And I'm very happy for you. Please, Sasha, give up this act of pride and go apologize to him." Concluded Sandra sounding all emotional as she urged me to take actions now before it's too late.

"Thanks, Sandra. Thanks for the advice, I'll go and apologize to him now" I replied excitedly, hugging her then exchanging a best friends kiss with her.

After that exchange of affection, I told Sandra thanks once more then rush out of her apartment and hurry to where the car was parked. Jumping into the convertible I sped home.

When I got home. I parked the car inside the garage. Got out and started walking to Michal's house.

Will Michal accept me? or will he cast me out of his house? I guess I'll have to give it a try if I really want to get Michal back. After all, nothing beats a trial but a failure.

And at least, even if I do fail, you can't say I didn't try. I give it a shot.

**************

Dear Readers: This book is to be published Soon, however, I'm leaving the first draft online for all to read for free. If you're enjoying it, please help spread the word by VOTING, COMMENTING, ADDING to your public reading lists, and SHARING with your friends.

Thank you! <3

Please Share your views? (Did you like Sandra's advice to Sasha/ just post your reply or whatever comes to your mind. Don't be a silent reader. We're a family here!

ݵ

Untamed Desires [COMPLETED] [16+]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें