Chapter 6

When Emma woke up again, she gasped when she saw that the pillow was indented again. She clutched her chest with her hand.

"Sorry, Killian. I'm not used to this yet." She turned her head and the bed was back to normal again. Mary Margaret and David weren't home. Both of them doing their jobs, leaving Emma home alone. With Killian. There was a loud pounding downstairs, and Emma sat straight up in bed. "What the hell was that?" She asked. A knock on the wall came in response. She opened her recorder app on her phone and held it in front of her. "Say something, Killian."

"Guy. Outside." She got up from her bed and looked out the window, that looked right below to the front porch. She could tell that it was Neal. He looked determined for whatever he was going to do. She watched as he went around to the side of the house, and broke a window. Emma gasped and backed up until she hit the wall. "I'll help," came from the recorder. Emma ran to her closet, and shut the doors.

"Emma! You can't hide from me!" Neal yelled as he stormed up the steps. His footsteps getting louder and louder. "I was stupid! I want you back! You were the best girlfriend I ever had!" Her heartbeat increased. She covered her mouth with her hand to try to quiet her heavy breathing. Her bedroom door creaked open, and she held her breath. "Come out, come out, from wherever you are!" Neal taunted. She could see his shadow underneath the closet doors, ready to open them. But then, Neal started coughing. She could see his shadow moving as he tried to clear his throat, but he kept coughing. When he did, dark laughter replaced the sounds. Emma knew it wasn't Neal who was laughing. The closet doors flung open, and Neal towered over Emma. "There you are, baby. We're going to have so much fun." He made an attempt to grab her wrist, but he was pushed back onto the ground. She gasped as things started to shake in her room. Neal tried to get up, but he wasn't able to. The color started to drain from his face. She knew that if this lasted much longer, Neal was going to die.

"Enough!" She shouted. Suddenly, her room stopped shaking, but Neal was still stuck to the ground. "Let him go."

Reluctantly, the grip was released. Neal jumped up to his feet. "What the hell was that?"

"That would be the spirit in my house protecting me."

"You don't have ghosts."

Emma smirked and crossed her arms over her chest. "How do you explain what just happened to you?"

"I don't know, but I'm sure there was a logical explanation."

"Tell me why you broke into my house." Emma felt the energy in the room get so heavy, that it was hard to breathe.

"You wouldn't see me willingly, so I knew I had to get you my way."

"Get out of my house, and don't ever come back."

"You can fucking count on that." Neal ran down the stairs and went back outside. Emma let out a sigh of relief and plopped down on her bed.

"Okay?" Killian asked through the recorder.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you," she said with a smile.

"Welcome."

"Now, we have to talk about that tonight. Your jealousy." There was a faint whistling that came from the recorder, and Emma burst into laughter. Once she had calmed down, she grabbed Killian's journal and flipped to the next page.

July 29, 1845

After talking to Gold, Liam has been getting better. Gold denied it at first, but then confessed, knowing that if I said anything about it, no one would believe me. I'm only fifteen. What could I do? Say that a man is trying to kill my brother so he can be there for my mother? Who would believe that?

Liam means everything to me. I don't know what I'd do without him. He and I were very close, ever since I was born. We had a bond that I don't think will ever go away.

"You did it, Killian. You helped him," Emma said before she flipped to the next page.

August 27, 1845

Milah was in an accident yesterday, and ended up passing away today. I regret not going to see her, for she was my first love. Every day for the rest of my life, I am going to miss her. What I wouldn't give to just spend one more minute with her.

I guess it just wasn't written in the stars for us.

Emma felt her heart drop, Killian loved another. Granted it was like a hundred years ago, but still. She quickly replaced the look of distress on her face, and replaced it with understanding, for she had felt the same thing with Neal, but look where that got her.

She wanted nothing more than to help Killian move on, but that would also mean that he would have to leave her. The air in front of her became cold. She fell back onto her pillows and sighed loudly. "I don't want you to have to leave, Killian. It is so selfish to say that I want you to stay, but you finally have a chance of leaving this house. You can be at peace. I believe you about the fire. It is so easy to see that Mr. Gold did it. I just want you to be free and happy."

"I am," his voice came from the recorder. "With you."

She smiled and laid on her bed, playing on her computer for most of the day, occasionally talking to Killian, and sometimes getting a response back from him.

"Emma? Can you come down here, please?" Her father shouted from the kitchen. Her heart stopped. They had found the broken window. She slowly got up from her bed and went downstairs.

"Yeah?" She asked. She faked her shock when she saw the window. Her mouth fell open and she gasped. "Woah! What happened to the window?"

"I was just going to ask you the same thing. You were here all day, and you didn't hear anything?"

"No. I was lost in a book today. You know how I get lost in a good book."

"She's lying," a voice said from behind her. She turned around and saw her only, but mostly hated uncle. She always faked liking to see Uncle James. He was always telling her about how her book and television shows were bad choices and how she should give up her fantasy choices for informative shows and books. They never did anything fun when James was in town, along with her Aunt Jackie, who was a gold digger and a perfectionist.

"I am not!" Emma protested, even though she really was.

"James, I will talk to Emma later. Alone. For now Em, go to your room," David said.

Emma lowered her head and trudged up the steps, grumbling under her breath, knowing that neither her father or uncle would be able to hear.