Chapter 18

Are you all ready? I loooove you!! 😊

The sleepover lasted all weekend. The girls went home Sunday afternoon to get ready for school the next day. Emma expected Monday to be as boring as the rest, but she was wrong. That day, there was a new student. His name was August Booth, and Graham was the one to show him around, and he sat with them at lunch. Today, Emma didn't look at Killian. Instead, she kept her attention on the stories that August shared. He said that his parents traveled around the world, bringing him with them. He explained that going around the world, finding a lot of beautiful sights and landmarks, gave him the inspiration to become an author when he grew up. While everyone was caught up and mesmerized by the story, no one noticed someone climb up on top of a table in the corner of the cafeteria.

A female voice hissing, caught Emma's attention. "Killian, get down from there!" August stopped talking and everyone turned to look at Killian. The cafeteria became dead silent, and not even the teachers were trying to get him down.

"Now, I know some of you may know me as the new senior," Killian began, making eye contact with everyone in the room. All except one. "My name is Killian Jones. I was in a car crash that killed my parents, but that allowed me to come here." All the girl seniors "awed." "I have not been the best person since I moved here, and I know that one girl knows that." He finally allowed himself to meet Emma's emerald green eyes. "Her name is Emma Swan, and she is a freshman." He jumped down from the table and walked to her. He pulled her off the chair and stared deep into her eyes. "And I love her." Some of the kids in the cafeteria gasped, but most of them clapped. Eventually, the entire room filled with applause.

"You really love me?" Emma asked in disbelief.

"Aye. I always have, and I always will. No matter how bad I screw up, you will always be number one in my eyes."

"You're a dork," she whispered and pressed her lips to his.

"Excuse me?" Emma could hear Zelena asking for them, but she could care less. "Killian!"

He reluctantly pulled away, but when he did, he kept his arm wrapped around Emma. "Yes?"

"You told us that you didn't spend time with freshman. You said you didn't know her."

"Well, I lied. I do know her."

"Obviously," Zelena scoffed.

"It's actually really romantic," someone said from behind them. Emma turned around and saw Regina and Robin standing there. Regina had a smile on her face while Robin was smirking. "I met my last boyfriend when he was in senior year. I was only a freshman," Regina explained. "He ended up colliding with a drunk driver the night of graduation." Robin ran a soothing hand up and down her back. "But then I met this doofus."

Robin chuckled, "what she's trying to say, mate, is that you won't be kicked out of the group for dating a freshman."

Emma could feel Killian relax under her touch. "Thanks, mate."

"She seems like a very nice girl too."

"Aye." Killian looked down at Emma and she met his gaze. They both smiled. "That she is."

After school, Killian went home with Emma. Her parents were still working and Mary Margaret wouldn't be back until 4:00 and David wouldn't be back until 5:00. The two teenagers laid on the couch and watched movies together. Killian was laying down against the back of the couch and he was holding Emma to his chest in the front. When the movie ended, he sat up and kissed her cheek over and over again, sending Emma into a fit of giggles that made him smile.

"I love you," he whispered in her ear and nuzzled her neck. "I am so sorry I was an arse and I treated you terribly."

"I know. But I love you too. I was wrong about the chance thing, because no matter what you do, I'll always give you another chance. I am so hopelessly in love with you and I just want us to always be happy."

"I'm happy as long I have you in my arms." He held her tighter and she smiled.

Emma moved so that she was on top of him, and leaned down to kiss him. Killian eagerly accepted the kiss, and after a few moments, let it become a little bit deeper. He knew that Emma was only fourteen. He wasn't going to take advantage of her. She was still innocent, as far as he knew. He pulled away before either of them were ready. Emma chased his lips, wanting to continue the kiss.

"I wasn't finished," she pouted, and crossed her arms over her chest. Killian sat up with her still in his lap. He cupped her face and ran his thumb over her chin. "You okay?"

He swallowed nervously. "I have a question to ask you, and whatever you say, I won't get mad over, so please don't take it the wrong way." He looked down at their entwined hands and ran his thumb in soothing circles. "Did you do anything sexual with Neal?"

"Look at me." Reluctantly, he did so. "No. I never did anything with him. He always wanted to do the small stuff, but I never let him. I was always afraid that if I did, I'd get pregnant, and that couldn't happen."

There was a small smile that appeared on his face. "That's all I wanted to know, love."

"Did you do anything with Milah?"

He took in a sharp breath. "I'm not proud of it, but yes." He looked down and clenched his eyes shut, afraid that if he looked at her, she would be looking at him with disappointment. "She only wanted me for a "little bit of fun," as she put it. But, as we grew closer, I thought she had fallen in love with me like I had her, but I will never know."

"I'm sorry, Killian." Emma wrapped her arms around him and he was surprised at her actions. "If I was older-"

"I know, love. You don't have to explain yourself to me." They were leaning in for a kiss when Emma heard keys rattling outside the front door. She jumped off his lap and sat on the far end of the couch. They both pretended as if they were watching the movie when Mary Margaret walked in.

"Killian! It's nice to see you again!" She exclaimed. "Would you like to stay for dinner? I'm making pizza."

"Sounds lovely, Mrs. Nolan. Thank you."

Emma watched her mother walk back into the kitchen and pecked Killian on the lips really fast. "You are too adorable," she whispered.

"I know," he whispered back with a wink, making a smile appear on her face.