Chapter 10

She found herself in the same library as before. She looked up and Killian was sitting in the same chair, bouncing his leg. His eyes were closed, but she could sense his worry.

"Killian?" She asked.

His eyes shot open and he stood up and ran to her. He picked her up and spun around with her in his arms. "Emma!" He gently put her down on the ground. He turned her head so he could look at the bruise from the book. She could see tears forming in his eyes as his fingers lightly ran over her face. "I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean- I couldn't stop it."

"Stop it. I wasn't fast enough."

"I just wanted to protect you. When I heard them talking, something inside me clicked. I didn't mean to."

"I'm not upset. Not about that. I just wish you wouldn't have done that. A priest is going to come and take you away from me." She hugged him tightly and buried her head in his chest.

"I told you, love, I'm not going anywhere. I have someone to fight for now."

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes. Tear streaks were on her face. He reached up and wiped them away. He cupped her cheek and slowly brought her head to his. He looked down to her lips, but didn't make a move to kiss her though.

"I need you here with me," she whispered before kissing him deeply. He moaned in surprise but didn't waste any time in kissing her back. Her hands slipped up to his hair, and she gently tugged on it, making him groan again. She giggled in his mouth and continued kissing him. Emma didn't pull away until her lungs were burning for air. Her forehead rested on his, but her eyes were closed. His hands were tangled in her hair and was massaging her scalp.

"I apologize," he said and cleared his throat. "I don't know what came over me."

"Don't apologize, I kissed you."

"Aye, but I shouldn't have let it get that far. I told you, love, you are too much for me. You deserve someone to love you and you can love them back. You deserve someone that can show you how much he loves you, and I can't do that."

"I don't need that, Killian."

"Yes, you do!" He pulled away from her and turned around. Tears were threatening to fall down his face, and he didn't want her to see him like that. "I shouldn't have gotten involved with you."

His words struck her right in her heart. "W-what?"

"You've become attached to me just as I have you. And this is all my fault. Knowing that someone knows the truth about the fire, it puts me at rest, but there is no light. My unfinished business was never the fire. It was knowing that the one I truly loved was safe."

She stepped forward and tugged at the lapels of his shirt. "You could just move into a dying person's body. You would be here for me. I love you, Killian, and I can't let you leave me."

"I know, but think about finding a person who looks exactly like me? The chances are very slim."

"If I did, do you think it would work?"

"Possibly."

Emma started feeling dizzy again. She grabbed onto his collar and smashed her lips to his. "Bye," she whispered right before she faded away.

She woke up right before David came in. "You have to get ready, Em. Father Matthew will be here soon to cleanse the house."

"Killian isn't bad! He didn't mean to cause the chaos in the kitchen."

"I'm not taking a chance that Killian is who he actually claims himself to be. The house is getting cleansed at noon, and I want you to be ready. I am not arguing about this anymore!"

Emma jumped as David slammed the door behind him. She felt an icy kiss press to her cheek and a chill ran down her spine. She got out of bed and found some clothes. "I'm sorry," she whispered and held the clothes to her chest. "I can't do anything."

She ran to the bathroom to get dressed. There, she let her tears flow freely. Emma knew that Killian wasn't following her to the bathroom. It was the only safe place in the entire house where she felt completely, and entirely alone. She put light makeup on, not really caring about her appearance, and went back out to her bedroom.

She laid on her bed, trying her hardest not to cry. She grabbed her phone and turned the recorder on. "I'll be fine." He said instantly.

"I don't want you to leave."

"I'm not."

"Emma! Father Matthew is here! Come down here!" David called from downstairs.

"I'll be waiting," Killian said.

She took a deep breath and nodded. She turned the recorder off and went downstairs where her parents, aunt, uncle, and the priest were waiting. He wore a black and white suit and had a clerical collar on. There was also a woman standing next to him. She had red hair and had fun, upbeat clothes on. She was looking around the room. Her nose twitched every so often.

"I am Father Matthew. I assume you are Emma?" He asked and she nodded. They shook hands. "This is Sarah. She is a medium." Sarah also shook Emma's hand.

"You're very close with the spirit, aren't you?" She asked. Emma nodded.

"We are going to do a walk around the house. You all can join us if you want."

James and Jackie decided to stay back while David, Mary Margaret, and Emma went with Father Matthew and Sarah.