Chapter 15

David and Mary Margaret both froze when they saw Emma dragging a boy into the house. Mary Margaret paused the movie and David immediately stood up. His arms crossing over his chest, and Emma could just tell that he was entering into his 'over protective father' mode.

"Mom, Dad, I'd like you to meet Killian Jones. A relative of the Jones family that built and lived in this house," she began. "He just moved here a few days ago."

Mary Margaret gave Killian a warm smile. She stood up and shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Killian."

"And you, Mrs. Nolan," he said nervously.

Mary Margaret laughed. "Dinner is almost done. You are welcome to join us if you'd like."

Killian nodded. "Thank you."

David's posture didn't change. He still glared at Killian. "Why are you here?"

"Killian is my senior partner for a project we are doing about high school. We are just going to go upstairs and work on the project." Emma went to her room with Killian close on her heels.

As soon as her bedroom door closed, his lips were on hers. She let out a moan of surprise, but kissed him back a few seconds later. Her hands found their way to his hair, and one of his hands was tangled in hers, while the other was on her hip. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for that," he whispered before kissing her again. Killian pushed her down to her bed, but continued to kiss her. He rubbed the exposed skin from in between her shirt and jeans, but made no other movement to touch her further. He knew she was only fourteen, and he was eighteen. There was only a four year difference, but Emma was a little young to be getting into sex. Yes, she knew about it, but she was still a blushing virgin. "You are so beautiful," he whispered and sat them up.

"Thank you," she blushed. "You don't look too bad yourself."

He laughed, "you said you wanted to ask me a few questions."

"Oh, right! Um, I don't know where I should start. What's it like to be alive again?"

"Refreshing. I can see you clearly now."

She giggled. "How did you get here so fast?"

"The body has healed while being in the coma. They just did a few tests and I was right back here."

"Where are you going to stay?"

"There was a woman there. She explained that she was my aunt and that I would be staying with her until I went off to college."

Emma smiled. She grabbed his face and brought hers to his. "I'm just glad that you're here."

He smiled. "Me too, love."

She pulled back and stared deep into his eyes. "What are we?"

"Whatever you want us to be. It's up to you as much as me."

Emma bit her lip and looked down at her hands in her lap. "I really like you..." She trailed off.

"And I really like you too."

"So, could we be, uh-" She cut herself off and cursed her nervousness. She couldn't even form a coherent sentence in her head.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked for her.

She looked up at him and smiled brightly. "Absolutely."

Killian was about to lean in to kiss her again, when there was a knock on her bedroom door. Two seconds after, it opened and David stood in the doorway. "Time for dinner," David said and waited for both of them to go downstairs to the dining room before following them down himself.

They all sat down. Mary Margaret at one end of the table and David at the other. Emma was in between her parents on the left and Killian was across from her on the right. Mary Margaret asked many questions, most that Killian had to make up or alter the truth too. He also said that there were some things that he couldn't remember because of some amnesia from the car crash, which was the perfect excuse for not answering some things. By the end of dinner, David's glares had been taken down a few notches. As far as her parents knew, Killian was just there to help Emma with a project at school. No "relationship funny business" as David had put it.

"We're going to go back up and work on the project," Emma stated and took Killian with her. "I think my Dad is starting to warm up to you," she said when the door closed.

"I tend to have that effect on people," Killian smirked. She smiled and his hands found their way to her hips and she hummed. "Did you read my journal?"

She nodded. "It was destined for us to meet."

He smiled. "Aye. Too bad we had to go through all the trouble."

She placed her head on his heart over his chest. "It's beating."

"I'm really here, love. And I'm not going anywhere."

"I won't let you."

He pulled back and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Good."

For the rest of the evening, they made a fake project in case her parents were to ask about it. After it was completed, they laid down in her bed in each other's arms. Emma's head rested on Killian's chest, while his head laid on top of hers.

"We'd have to keep our relationship a secret, Killian. In this time, I'm too young for you."

"I don't care what other people think, Emma. It's what we think. It's not going to be that much of a difference when I'm twenty four and you're twenty."

"I know, but people are going to think it's gross."

"I don't care. We don't have to do anything sexual until you are ready. If that's waiting until you're eighteen, then I'm fine with that, love. I'd never push you into anything and I hope you know that."

"I do."

"Good." He sat up and kissed her head. "I should go. My aunt is going to be worried. And who knows what your Dad is going to do to me if he finds us like this."

Emma propped herself up on her elbows. "Will you be at school tomorrow?"

"Aye, probably. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Killian."

"Night, love." He kissed her cheek and grabbed his leather jacket. She watched from the top of the steps as he left the house.

"He seems nice," She heard her dad say, and she laughed silently.

"He does," Mary Margaret agreed. "I think they will be great friends."