Epilogue

Throughout the rest of Emma Nolan's life, she lived happily. Her parents were always there to support her and help her through being an adult. Her friends gave great advice and helped push Emma further down the road. She went to college and became a police officer, helping citizens and fighting crime. But, with all the busy things going on in her life, one person never left her mind. A piece of Killian's spirit had been left behind and it was always with her to help her through the darkest of times. She would visit his grave often and read and reread his journal entries. She looked at the pictures in the scrapbook and watched the video file on the USB drive over and over again.

In a way, it was like he hadn't even left. She would dream about every now and then, but that wasn't often. But the day she decided to settle down with a guy named Bryan Sharp from the police precinct, that was when the dreams became even less frequent. Although Emma was happy, it always felt like there was a piece missing in her and Bryan's life. He was a good guy with brown hair and green eyes, but her heart always fluttered when she thought about Killian being there to take his place.

Bryan and Emma didn't have any children, but they adopted two teenage boys, Elliot and Matthew. They were brothers, trying everything they could to stay together. Emma never changed her name to Sharp. She kept her maiden name, and that didn't bother anyone. No one really knew the real reason why she had kept it, but no one asked questions.

Emma eventually died after Bryan because of natural causes. She expected to see Bryan waiting for her on the other side, but instead, she stood in a white room.

In the distance was a figure that slowly walked towards her. When the figure got closer, tears sprung to her eyes and she ran to him. Killian caught her in his arms and spun around. She giggled and looked down to see what she wore on the first day of senior year. A blue leather jacket, a gray t-shirt, jeans, and black ankle boots. She looked back up to Killian with a wide smile on her face.

"Did you miss me?" He asked with his head cocked to the side.

"You know I did." She held onto him tightly, refusing to ever let go again.

And that's the ending! Did I crush a lot of hearts? Cause I know I crushed mine a lot! I think I cried enough tears to fill a whole damn river. You are not alone.

This story was a lot of fun and the comments made my day many times! I still can't believe that it's over.