5- Scrap Poetry, I'm the Best at Moping

I was miserable for the next week or so. My teeth ached from the amount of chocolate I devoured each day but that didn't stop me from snacking. Chocolate was the only thing that helped me lick my wounds and quite frankly, it was the only thing that I looked forward to each day. It motivated me to finish the Geography essay and to mercilessly edit it, it was a way of bribing Amy and Jessica to come outside with me because I wasn't allowed in their classroom and it was a way of making new friends in the newspaper team. Chocolate was my savior.

Savannah and I ignored each other. Alice tried talking to me but quickly retreated when Savannah snapped at her and soon, both of my friends had ditched me. I kept going to therapy and I was taught techniques but the hazy memories were very very slowly leaking back into my brain. I remembered the time Savannah, Alice, our younger siblings and I had gone around houses for Halloween dressed up as creepy dolls and monsters and the time we went ice-skating in November. There was no trace of their anger or anything negative towards me in those memories and I was even more confused.

My bruised forehead still got some unwanted attention, but the spotlight was moved onto Shawn Athersmith who cheated on Faith Raynott with Love Bonneville (and vice-versa). A lot of the people in our year had gathered around the conflict and I wasn't surprised; everyone wanted to know what was going on. I can guarantee you that by the end of the school day there would be fifty different interpretations of the situation.

Love silently suffered as Faith questioned Shawn and the argument escalated quickly. Her fair complexion was lost beneath the angry tears pouring out of her eyes and her cheeks were crimson. Slumped against Kaydence, her shoulders shook every few seconds, trying to find breath and calm herself down when she would burst into fresh rivers of tears.

Faith had the expression that she was on the verge of tears too but her teammates had to hold her back from lunging at the popular Bonneville twin. Her forehead contorted, bringing her eyebrows together and she pouted, trying to not let the tears flow down her face. Our PE Prodigy wasn't a crier, she was as solid as a rock and always composed so it was rare for her to cry.

I heard some of the girls gasping and whispering to each other and all I wanted to do was stick tape over their mouth. Perhaps I was a hypocrite but I wanted to ensure that Faith was going to be OK. We were kind of friends and I didn't want her to get in trouble for the slight chance of committing murder.

"Listen, all things come to an end," Shawn reasoned. "Faith we were long over and I thought you knew that. I was only hanging out with you because we were friends so I don't see why you're dragging Love into this. We're over and I already have a new girlfriend."

"Now you're the one who's going to listen to me. I don't know when you thought we had broken up but I'm telling you right here and right now that you never said such a thing. I don't know what's going on but I just want you to tell me something; are you going out with her? Why did you kiss her when we were obviously a thing?"

Shawn was silent at the question and looked around as an excuse to ignore it.

"Because he's my boyfriend!" Love answered for him, wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"I wasn't asking you Drama Queen. For once I thought I had found a guy who wasn't going to act like a prick but I was obviously wrong. I fell for it all and you told me you loved me every single day. Shawn, I want you to answer me right now; why did you kiss her at the gates when you were telling me how much you loved me yesterday?"

The crowd held its breath when Shawn didn't reply and headed to the football court after a few seconds of staring Faith straight in the eyes. I saw Jarrett, Fred, Gabe and Keiran follow him, along with some other people on the team.