8- The Dinner

"He said that?!" Love's assertive passion was enough to flush her cheeks.

"I just laughed and said, 'Sorry to burst your bubble but you realised that far too late.' and exited. I don't need his idiocy and I especially don't need Amethyst to be katty over something I don't even care about."

"You go girl!" Faith grinned and Grace laughed.

I was having lunch with some of the girls in form and I knew that I felt happy. I could feel my lips quirking up in a smile every once and again during the day. I had people to talk to and things had partly resolved between me and Sav. We were on speaking terms but it wasn't how it was before, or how it was in my memories.

"Who would've thought shy little Hope would stand up against Jarrett Brown?" Love giggled.

"That happens when I'm angry." I threw away my trash and grabbed my schoolbag. "Gotta go to the Newspaper Office and finish off the page before printing. See you guys in English."

I speed-walked to Room 7 and plopped into the nearest seat. Christopher had a exasperated expression on his face, frantically texting someone and groaning every few minutes. It seemed that his anger was ubiquitous because everyone else had frustrated expressions. The room was silent as the rapid clicking of keys summoned paragraphs in seconds. I opened up our email to check for any final letters.

Dear Anonymous Adviser,

I have always been quite chubby. I've tried losing weight but it just makes me gain even more weight and I'm starting to get rude and nasty comments. I tried to not let them get to me but I don't want to deal with body shaming any more so I'm on a diet. Do you have any advice on losing weight fast?

Anonymous

I was slightly stunned. I had no idea how to reply. What if I say the wrong thing? I stared at the computer screen in thought.

Dear Anonymous,

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I don't have any tips on losing weight. However, this is what I want to advise you; instead of putting yourself on a diet and making yourself suffer, talk to someone who will help stop the body shame. It's OK to have a different type of body but it's not OK to put yourself down. I hope this helped.

Anonymous Adviser

I reread my reply and deleted it. It was too rambley, it didn't even answer her question. I propped my head in my hands in an attempt to think but my mind went blank.

"Eliza, I'm going to have to work on this tonight," I muttered as I saved the letter on my memory stick.

"All right but you need to be here extra early tomorrow because the issue has to be printed by second period."

I nodded and rushed out of the room and into Room 3. I needed to speak to someone. That someone was Prudence Bonneville.

She wasn't there. Love told me she had just left for a Science quiz and wasn't going to be in school for the last two periods. I felt like shattering because I needed to know if it was her. Prudence had let it slip that she was going on a diet and that was what made me so suspicious.

Miss Castleton talked about an essay we had to write next week and I felt Jarrett steal surreptitious glances towards me but I was solely focused on my reply. It was something serious that would take a lot of consideration. What if I said something wrong? What if the person was triggered by anorexia and bulimia? They probably haven't told their parents or any teachers so what if they do the wrong thing? What if-