11- This Is Not The Typical Teenage Party

Bang. Thud. Thud. Thud. Bang.

"For Heaven's Sake Ryan! Actually pick up the chair and put it in the other room!"

What was going on? I lay nestled in several blankets, coughing my lungs out and drowning myself in tissues and cups of tea. I had gone down with the fever a day after the February half-term had begun so my whole week had been spent in bed and Aunty Katy had reassured Mum that she would keep an eye on us while she and Paul were working. I didn't need to be told twice; those golden words made me sigh in relief before flopping in bed and continuing my nap.

My head pounded as I swung my legs over the bed frame and staggered to the door. I felt like I had glue on my face; it was difficult to keep my eyes open and I always had eyecrust, my nose was blocked so I looked like a panting dog everytime I tried to breathe and my skin was oily, with enough breakouts that could make me rich. I'd had to shove

"Aunt Katy? Amy? What's going on?" I propped myself against the wall and waited for an answer.

"Aunt Katy's gone." My eyes snapped open in surprise. Amy looked me up and down and opened her mouth to explain our aunt's absence. "I told her that Paul is coming early tonight so we could have a party."

"We?" My voice was raspy. "Amy, are you out of your blithering mind?! I can barely stand let alone hang out with anyone! Please just postpone it for another night."

"Why does it always have to be about you?" Amy looked down on me in anger. "Look princess, we'll keep the music down and we'll just eat. Plus, we're probably going to be in the backyard. OK?"

She walked off and I stormed back into our bedroom.

"Nice shirt by the way."

By the sounds of it, Fred was already there.

***

Amy's friends and classmates started arriving about fifteen minutes after I had gone back to our room. Amy and Jessica had already gotten dressed so I was left alone in peace. My head hurt too much for me to focus on the computer screen so I just watched random Youtube videos under my duvet cover on my phone.

Martin was going to chill out with Amy and her friends because all of them adored him. He was so well liked that they brought him sweets and other food over to munch on at the party. Lucky donkey.

I heard the rumble of music and the chatter of the guests. Perhaps I was being selfish. Amy had not gone out during the half term not a single time and had looked after Martin while I was ill. She'd made me tea and let me pick the movie we would watch each night. If only I could keep my big fat mouth shut then I would save myself a lot of trouble.

The music reached a volume which made my head pound slightly so I placed my earbuds in my ears. I wasn't going to be a whiny buttcrack to anger Amy even further so I buried myself deeper in my blanket nest.

I could feel the floor vibrating and footsteps moving in rhythm. I put my pillow over my ear to block out the sound and be able to hear the dialogue in the movie clearly. I was sweating like a pig but I would rather sweat than not be able to hear a word of what the actors are saying. I was already disgusting enough.

This wasn't the typical teenage party. I can sit for hours and list off books with one party chapter where the main characters, probably a girl, doesn't want to go to the party but her overbubbly friend forces her into a makeover and all the guys are falling at her feet at the party where she makes out with the love interest. And while it's a fun chapter to write and your readers will explode out of their minds because the love interest is so bloody hot, no one ever stops to think about the neighbours or the siblings of the host. Here I am, dressed in a baggy Fall Out Boy shirt and pyjama bottoms, lying in bed which might as well be a mud patch because I'm sweating so much, fawning over tv dramas while there's a party going on in the other room. I'm so eventful and outgoing, I know.