18- Sparks and Sunsets

We stalked to the coaches, bags in hands and tortuously waiting for the door to be opened. I shivered in my jumper, wanting to wrap myself in a blanket cocoon and just sleep. Love was in the corner, throwing jumpers and scarves over her head because she was "boiling like a Christmas turkey" under all of the layers of clothing she had put on.

"There wasn't enough space in my bag so I decided to wear most of my clothes," she elaborated, stuffing sweaters and shirts into the free space in Prudence's bag.

"Can I call you Coat-Hanger?" Faith chimed in. Love scrunched her eyebrows and pouted.

"Why would you call me a coat hanger? I am a human. Helloooooo?" Love waved a hand in front of Faith's face, a scarf hanging from her arm like a waiter's towel.

"No, you don't say," Faith said sarcastically. "I want to call you Coat-Hanger because you're holding so many things."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Amethyst and Kaydence smirking and laughing. They were clad in branded tank tops, even though it was a cold morning, tight-fitting skinny jeans and black caps were seated on their heads. They sauntered past us when the bus driver came out to collect the bags, purposefully knocking Love in the shoulder. Faith glared at them as Grace carried her bags to the designated area.

We climbed onto the coach and I slid into a seat near the front. Faith, Prudence and Grace had decided to sit a few rows behind us while Love took the seat next to mine.

"Travel sick?" she questioned. I nodded, searching for a plastic bag in my rucksack.

"These are life-savers," I pointed to the plastic bag in the seat compartment.

"Crap. I forgot mine!" Love searched in her backpack frantically.

"I got you covered," I chucked a bright orange baggy in her face and she caught it, strapping it in the seat compartment.

I felt the engine purr and the bus vibrated and soon ,we were speeding away from the school grounds. Amy and Jess had positioned themselves on my side of the coach and dramatically waved away. I sent them a smile before I turned to see Love butting heads with the seat in front of us. Her eyes were still slightly puffy and she sniffed before leaning back in her seat and crossing her arms over her chest.

"What are you going to do for the next two hours?" I asked her, leaning back as well.

"I have no clue," she shrugged. "I would've liked to sketch but there's barely any space on this coach and the design will just get ruined."

"You like designing?"

"Yeah. Of course, my dream job would be to live in France and work in a creperie and speak the beautiful French language but if that doesn't work out, I wouldn't mind being a designer. My mum used to be a model for clothing companies but now she helps design the clothes. She used to drag us along to her office when Dad couldn't look after us and Prudence and I would do dress designs for our dolls while Adam would listen to music."

"That's amazing! Although, it doesn't stop me being annoyed at you because you haven't shown me any of your designs," I smirked.

"Ah well, I'm not the best and I don't show them to anyone until they're as perfect as they can be. Although, I'm supposed to be annoyed at you because you haven't even read me a single paragraph of your book," Love smirked back and I felt my lips deflate into a defeated expression.

"Guess I'll hop onto the perfectionist boat as well," I muttered and Love's smirk widened.

"What's the masterpiece about, then? How are you going to change the world? Tell me all the details."