Love or Race??

Dedicating this chapter to Muskan2728 .Thanks for your encouraging comments dear..

Neha's pov:

Raking my fingers through the front fringes of my hair, I was desperately thinking about the things happened this morning.

I was very certain that an absolutely impossible task has been put before me ,

With what kind of hope did I make that promise to Arjun's dad ??

I couldn't even imagine talking this out to Arjun . The fact is ,there are high probabilities that even our relationship might break if I speak this out.

He loves motor racing as much as he loves me. His love for both is never ending.

How rude it would be to cease him from racing , which is his another life ??

Infact it's his first love , I'm just a new resider in his heart.

How could I ask him to choose between love or race ??

Impossible it is !!

But what his dad said was also right ,

Arjun is my life ,

What if something happens to him while racing ?

But .....

Will he even listen to me ,if I ask him to stop racing ?,

Do I even have the courage to speak to him about this ?

After meeting Krishna uncle ,I was in an pensive state with so much random questions whirling me.
I couldn't concentrate on any of the works.

In between the repeated click sounds of the pen that was positioned between my thumb and the forefinger, I stared at the screen of my laptop for what it seemed like hours . Absolutely , nothing went inside my rusty brain .

Meanwhile "Mam...Mam", I heard a feminine voice ,bringing me away from those hustling thoughts.

I turned my gaze away from the laptop screen towards Leena who stood before me yelling out in her sweet tone .

"Sorry Leena", I uttered and inquired her what's the matter .
She informed about an meeting in a while.

I swayed the right hand towards my chest to see the time on my wrist watch.
It was half past two , still there wasn't any sign of Arjun .

May be he is quite busy with Nikkil .
When it comes to racing he will even forget himself. I sighed thinking of it.

Since Arjun wasn't  available , I had to take care of the rendezvous.
So I asked Leena to make the arrangements for the meeting and asked her to inform me once the clients arrive .

_______________________________________

Later part of the day went in a rush running between the clients and documents. It was almost half past six when I finished all the works and settled down on my desk.

After the much tiring noon , I rested my aching back on to the recliner heaving a sigh of relief.

Arjun didn't show up till then and there wasn't any calls or texts from him.
I kind of missed him.

Since it was already late , I decided to call him after reaching home.

When I was about to leave the office my phone rang with a sweet melody in Arjun's voice which we recorded few days back. On hearing his voice , I took the mobile in my hand and gazed the picture displayed along with the caller ID . My lips curved up in happiness.