02. suddenly

Amazing cover by @lonelyastronomer thank you!

My phone started to buzz profusely

My phone started to buzz profusely. I looked over and it was Ava. "Snap out of it!" I quietly told myself and grabbed my phone to answer it. "Hey,"

"Hey Scar want to come over and we can maybe go clubbing?" she asked me, her voice filled with excitement.

Although I wasn't the type of girl to go clubbing like Ava was, I definitely needed to get my mind off of things. So why not? I was feeling a little crazy. "Sure clubbing can't hurt. I'll see you soon." I told her as my body filled with excitement. "Wait. . . how are we going to get in?"

I could practically feel her winking through the phone. "You know how. . ."

"Okay," I laughed. "I'll talk to you soon."

I quickly closed the diary and put it under my bed so that my nosy parents wouldn't find it. I then jumped off my bed and went into my washroom to take a shower. I washed my hair as the water soaked into my dry skin.

---

I came out and put a towel around my hair so that it would dry. Then I started to put my makeup on to kill some time because I liked to air dry my hair.

My makeup didn't consist of much. Just a little powder and eye makeup just enough to bring out my natural features. After I went into my closet and decided to wear my favourite black dress. It wasn't too revealing it was just perfect. It ended at my knees and had beautiful lacing around the edges. Tonight was the night to forget.

---

I walked into the club, my brown hair swaying from side to side as I walked. As soon as I entered the club the strong smell of body odour and alcohol hit me.

Ava turned her head toward my direction and squealed in excitement. "Scar isn't this great? Have some fun okay! You deserve it! You were so down in the summer." She frowned but I couldn't tell her why.

A smile grew on my lips. She was right I needed to have some fun. "Yeah Ava this is awesome, lets go get a drink." I agreed with her as she pulled me into a hug and dragged me towards the bar.

As time passed I was only on my first and Ava was on her. . . to be honest I didn't know. But I knew she was drunk.

"Come on Scar we have to dance. Maybe find some hot guys." she winked while her lips twitched up into a smile. Although I wasn't looking for 'hot guys' I nodded and smiled anyway.

One thing was on my mind: Jace's diary. I really needed to get over Jace's diary. A little part of me felt bad, and deep down I knew stealing it wasn't going to do much, and it was also very wrong, and might I add creepy.

"Yeah sure let's go!" I said as I threw my arms in the air and began to make my way to the dance floor. Ava and I let loose, we started dancing how ever we wanted to. Ava even found this guy to dance with. He was tall, skinny, with short brown hair and pearly white teeth.

It didn't bother me that I was dancing alone. I actually enjoyed dancing on my own. It was very refreshing. I wasn't looking for 'a hot guy' to dance with. I couldn't handle it.

My hips moved side to side in sync with the beat of the music. Suddenly I felt someone grab my hips. I turned around in shock only to see a very drunk guy with long hair and a dirty face.

"What the hell!" I snapped at him. He only threw his head back and started laughing.

"Listen baby come here." he said as he grabbed my wrist, he had a tight grip so tight I couldn't move my whole arm. He practically dragged me through the dance floor the whole time I was calling for help. But you know how it is at these parties. The music was too loud. Everyone was just focused on dancing and getting drunk. No one wants to pay attention. I don't even think Ava noticed I was gone. 

He finally came to a stop behind the club in a dark alley.

"What do you want? Let me go!" I yelled at him but he didn't seem to be listening. His eyes wandered up and down my body, and then I knew exactly what he wanted. "Listen, please just let me go." I said once more but he put his hand over my mouth blocking out the sound of my scared voice.

He began to play with my hair, then his hands went down to my arms. Was this really going to happen? No I wouldn't let it.

I snapped out of my daydreams to a slap across my face. Leaving my cheek red and sore. I cried in pain, tears rolling down my sore cheeks. I wanted this all to stop. But suddenly it did. I heard another males voice yelling at my attacker, he ran away and the stranger who saved me begin to run toward me.

I fell to the floor and began to cry even harder. Just realizing what was about to happen.

But it's not like it's the first time.

"Are you okay?" he asked his voice filled with kindness. I looked up when I noticed his voice was familiar.

"Jace?" I asked raising a eyebrow in complete shock.

A small smile grew on his lips. "I've seen you around."

Did he not remember what happened just today?

I immediately wiped away my tears and got up not wanting him to see me like this. "Yeah I'm Scarlett." I mumbled quietly. "Thank you so much. It happens all the time. I'm fine." I lied hoping he wouldn't see right through me. "Everyone's drunk here." I forcefully laughed.

"It shouldn't," he said his face turning serious. "listen, you don't have to worry. If you're scared about him coming back. . . I'm going to make sure he doesn't touch you again. " he continued with anger.

Why does he care so much? Why is he acting so nice? Does he not remember what happened today and what I said to him? A million questions were running through my brain and it began to hurt.

"Jace that really is unnecessary. I'm fine. He's just a drunk angry guy. I don't want you in trouble!" I told him hoping that he would calm down.

I've never seen Jace Walker act like this over a girl, and that girl was me.

"Do you want a ride home then?" he asked with a soft smile.

I shook my head. "No I'm okay. My friend Ava is still inside. I wouldn't want to worry her." I said, "You know Ava right?"

"Okay then, I'll see you around Scarlett." he said as he walked away into the distance. I let out a loud sigh. And headed back into the club to find Ava.

I walked through all the dancing people to find Ava sitting at the bar. Making out with the tall skinny guy I had previously seen her with. Same old Ava. But my mind went back to the blonde haired boy.