04. let it go

Cover made by the best metavallie

Jace? Why is Jace at my house? How does he even know where I live? This isn't good at all

Jace? Why is Jace at my house? How does he even know where I live? This isn't good at all. How did he even get here before me? My mind was too foggy to think properly.

I pulled up onto my driveway slowly observing Jace. His face was emotionless for the most part but that wasn't new. I could never read what he felt based on his expression.

I got out of my car and walked over to Jace who was standing by his car, on the left side of my driveway.

"Hi?" I said but it's not the first time that exact line has come out as more of a question. I cleared my throat, "Hey what's up?" I paused deeply thinking as to how he knew where I lived. "How do you know where I live?" I said with a small smile emerging.

"It's a small town I asked the first person I saw."

"Well," I laughed "I guess it comes along with being the new girl."

He didn't laugh at my stupid attempt of a joke. Instead his face went serious- more serious then it already was. "How are you?" He asked as he ran his hand through his blonde hair while his blue eyes were fixed on my brown ones.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." I mumbled.

A small sigh escaped his lips. "I'm talking about yesterday when you were-"

Why does he keep bringing this up? Why would he come all the way to my house to see if I'm alright when I told him I already was?

I nodded as I slowly brought my hand to my red and sore cheek. I blinked away any sadness. "Yeah I'm fine, don't worry about it Jace." I said forcing a smile and secretly hoping he would drop the subject and leave. What if he knew something about the diary?

He nodded his head, got into his car and drove off.

What could Jace Walker possibly want with me?

---

"Scarlett it's time for therapy!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

I don't really like going to therapy but, it makes my mom feel better so why not?

I haven't told anyone that I even go to therapy, heck even Ava doesn't know. She doesn't need to know why, it's to upsetting. I'm sure nobody would like me as much if the truth came out. It's disgusting and I wasn't planning on letting it slip out.

"Yeah mom, I'm coming give a second!" I yelled back.

I was just about to head for the door when my phone rang inside my purse.