33. daydreaming

"Hey Scarlett

"Hey Scarlett. . ." Bella said hesitantly.

"Yeah, what's up Bella?" I said turning my head to face her.

"Have you spoken to Alex recently?" Bella asked quietly, her eyes looked desperate.

"No I haven't spoken to Alex. Why?"

"I don't know," She shrugged, "he's my cousin, I'm just worried about him."

I gasped, "Alex is your cousin?" I questioned and she nodded, "I'm so sorry. I didn't want to cut him out like that." I said turning to everyone else at the table. "Weren't you all close friends?"

"No, not after what he did to you." Jace answered firmly.

"I've seen him around school, he looks I don't know. . . distant. Maybe one of you should try to talk to him." I suggested.

"But what about-" Ava tired to start.

"I forgive him. If that's what you're getting at."

"You forgive him?" Leo question.

"Yeah," I shrugged, "no point on hating him forever. There's always two sides to a story. I'm thankful that you guys took my side but it doesn't have to be like this."

"It's not a matter of picking sides Scarlett. It's what he did to you. He drugged you to do god knows what!" Jace hissed.

"Okay. . . " I said. "I won't talk to him." But when everyone fell back into convention I leaned in closer towards Bella since she was sitting right beside in the cafeteria at our table. I whispered into her ear, "Go talk to him."

Bella smiled lightly and nodded falling back into conversation with Zoey.

"Anything new with your brother?" Leo suddenly asked.

I frowned and shook my head. "No, the police are still looking. It's been two days! I'm freaking out."

Jace pulled me into a quick hug. I sat there still surprised by his public affection. "It's okay."

I felt Blake's eyes on me longer then they should have been. I looked up at him and his face was blank. But he didn't necessarily look happy either. I smiled at him softly but he quickly looked away to answer one of Cassie's questions.

---

As soon as the bell rang I jumped up and walked over to my Art class. But to be honest, I don't understand what happened between Blake and I. I mean, he's Jace's brother and I love him as a friend. Why did he look at me like that?

"Hey Scarlett," A voice suddenly said. I turned around to see Blake and I smiled. His hands were in his pockets and he looked incredibly nervous.

"What's wrong Blake?" I asked getting to the point. "Did I do-"

"No." He said quickly. "You didn't do anything I just need to just this off my chest."

Oh no. "I know you don't feel that same way but I like you." He laughed strangely, "I might even love you."

I automatically froze and my jaw dropped. I didn't know what to say. Obviously I didn't feel the same way. I wasn't expecting this. Oh god. "You don't love me." I quickly said. Jace doesn't even love me yet.

"How would you know?" He snapped running a hand roughly through his blonde hair, his blue eyes look so sad. "I know you're with my brother."

"I'm sorry Blake I don't know what to say. . . " I trailed off desperately looking for help anywhere.

"I know you're sorry. I just need time. I can't be around you anymore." He said slowly turning around and walking off.

"Blake!" I called after him but he looked back at me shook his head and continued to walk away. I thought he liked Zoey. Where is this suddenly coming from?

I was a horrible person. He knew that I didn't feel the same way. It wasn't my fault that I didn't feel the same way but I still felt like a horrible person. What was I going to tell everybody when they why ask why Blake isn't at our table?

I suddenly heard a high pitched laugh. "Oh no, looks like you've got yourself into some horrible trouble."

I knew immediately Vanessa was behind me. Anyone could recognize her annoyingly high pitched voice. I turned around to face her. "Be quite Vanessa!" I snapped my face burning with anger. "I don't know if you can tell but you're not good with picking up signals."

"What's going on here?" Jace asked walking towards Vanessa and I. I looked at him then I looked at Vanessa with a panicked expression which only made her smile grow even wider. I could cry right now.

Before Jace could come any closer Vanessa leaned in and whispered into my ear. "Let's see how Jace takes this." She giggled.

"No Vanessa please you can't tell-"

"Hey Jacey!" She squealed, "Your brother just confessed his love for Scarlett. Aw how cute! Anywho I have class. But it looks like you guys probably won't make it." She winked at me and flipped her long red hair behind her shoulders then walked away.

I could feel tears rolling down my face. I don't exactly know why I was crying. Maybe it was because I felt extremely bad for Blake.

"What?" Jace asked pulling my arm roughly towards him. "What does she mean Scarlett?"

I couldn't say anything so I continued to stare at him blankly.

--
AN
Wooo the drama! Thanks for reading guys! Please VOTE, COMMENT ALL YOU WANT, AND SHARE!! Love you all.