10. this means war

I slowly opened my eyes

White was everywhere. White walls, white floors. Where was I? Everything was blurry. I slowly turned my head to see that there were red and blue tubes suck into my right arm and a cast wrapped around my other.

Not again.

I screamed as hot tears went rushing down the sides of my cheeks. Thoughts of the last time I was in the hospital came flooding through my mind. In the distance, I could see two figures and their faint voices. Once I screamed, they snapped their heads in my direction and immediately came rushing towards me. It was my mom and dad.

"Sweetie, you're awake!" Mom yelled pulling me into a hug. "Doctor she's awake!" She turned to the doctor.

A bunch of doctor looking people came into my room, with notepads and papers in their hands.

What happened?

One man cleared his throat, he looked like the doctor. He was probably in his mid-forties and he was wearing the white doctor cape. He stopped for a minute with a confused expression on his face. "You look very familiar?" He said slowly.

I looked over at my parents with panic spreading throughout my body. "No, I'm new to town." I forced a nervous laugh.

I guess I looked like a lot of people.

"Oh. . . I used to know this young lady," he thought for a while. "Bianca or even Britney but she looked just like you."

"Oh, but my name is Scarlett-"

"Doctor," my mother said her voice stern. "Please tell us what needs to happen to help my daughter."

"Right Mrs. Everwood," He coughed and nodded his head. "Scarlett, you have been in an accident."

"An accident?" I mumbled.

"Yes, do you remember anything?" He asked, "You fell asleep a couple hours ago."

"No just please tell me what happened." I begged.

"Yesterday when you were attending school you tripped over something and hit your head. Now we were able to stitch everything. But all this resulting in you breaking your arm."

My eyes almost fell out of my head. I tripped? Everything was becoming clear it was right after I had that fight with Vanessa. But I felt a push. No way she could have pushed me right? "Have long do I have to wear this?" I said pointing to my arm.

"About three months for your arm." He paused and turned around to talk to one of the nurses. "I'm Dr. Collins, if you need me just page me."

"Wait!" I screamed and Dr. Collins froze. "I really have to keep this on my arm for three months?"

He nodded his head slowly. "I'm really sorry sweetheart." He said kindly and with that he turned around and left with the nurses.

"Mom how am I supposed to go to school? Are you guys crazy! I won't be able to do anything. I'll be completely lost!" I cried and I don't think I've ever cried over school before.

My mother sighed deeply and ran her hand over her face. "I'm sorry Scarlett. You can have a personal tutor."

"But-"

"Scarlett stop! This is not your mother's fault!" My father snapped.

"In a day you'll be released, and you'll be able to come home. I have to go. I'll see you later." My mom said giving me a quick kiss. "I'll be back in about five hours to check on you, call some friends okay?"

"Mom, you can't just leave me here for five hours." I turned to look at my dad and he just stood there with his arm wrapped around mom. He did exactly what she told him to do.

"Dad, what about you?" I asked with a light smile.

My mother quickly shook her head. "Scarlett Marie Everwood, we have work to attend! Don't you understand? We will be back!"

Just like that they were gone. I guess being in a hospital with a broken arm isn't enough to make them stay, or even care about me. My mother was hot and cold. One minute she was happy then just like a blink of an eye and was mad and cold.

On my left was a little table with all my stuff in it. I snatched my phone which was hard considering, and decided to call Ava just to let her know I was okay.

"Scar oh my god, you're okay!"

I turned my head to see Ava. "Hey Ava! I was just about to call you." I said with a smile on my face and then I saw him. "Leo?" I said but it came out as more of a question because why were they together? From what I thought they had a lot of problems.

"Hey Scarlett! I'm happy to see you're alright." He said with a simple smile.

"Thanks, but what are you guys doing here? I'm fine. Shouldn't you two be in school, it's only noon?"

"Blah-blah-blah seeing if you're okay is much better than being in school. Scarlett, don't be silly!" Ava said as she opened her arms for a hug.

"Thank you so much. It's just that I'm just a little confused that's all." I said as my thoughts took me back to Vanessa.

Ava and Leo both stole a glance at each other. Ava's face turning a light shade of pink. "Don't worry about her." She said flipping her blonde curly hair over her shoulder.

I squinted my eyes in confusion. "Her?" I asked taking a sip of water the nurse had left for me.

Leo sighed. "Vanessa."

I choked on my water. "Vanessa pushed me? It all makes sense!" I yelled.

"She's claiming it was an accident. Yeah right, like we could believe that." Ava stopped and strangely laughed. "But since her mom works in the head quarters of the school, actually everyone believes her." She said taking a seat at the end of my bed.

Well then this only means war.

---
AN
I'm not a doctor... so if anything sounds incorrect I'm so very sorry.