11. i'm back and i'm better

"Scarlett wake up!"

"Scarlett wake up!"

I slowly open my eyes to see my mother standing over my bed, her face red with anger.

"Scarlett get up! It's your first day back to school!" She yelled.

It's been days since everything happened. Almost a week. I'm pretty sure everyone at school thinks I've disappeared or something. I mean, I left school for almost a week. What will people think? I can barely even do anything with a huge cast wrapping around my left arm. At least I'm lucky it's my left arm so I can actually do my work, or maybe not.  . . but that's not the point the point is I couldn't bare to face everyone at school.

"Scarlett I'm not going to tell you again. You cannot be late for your first day back ok?" My mom said her eyes widening.

"Yes, I understand mom."

"Good. Now get up." She said as she walked out of my room closing the door behind her.

To tell the truth I wasn't ready for school. After I had gotten ready for I looked in the mirror one last time. I was wearing black ripped jeans, a black tee, and a red and black flannel wrapped around my waist. I hated looking in the mirror, not because I was ugly or anything. I just hated my eyes because they were always dull or empty, and I couldn't fix it. I hated the person I had to become.

---

"Scarlett!" Ava yelled pulling me into a tight hug.

"I can't do this Ava! What will everyone think?" I asked nervously.

She let go of me and gave me funny look wiggling her eyebrows. "Don't be silly Scar, you'll be fine."

"But everyone saw what happened! What am I suppose to do? I look pathetic." I snapped shaking my head. I hate to be this way but it's true. Everyone saw what happened and everyone knows what happened. I look totally pathetic especially because I didn't come to school for a few days.

"Look, everyone feels sorry for you. Plus it happened days ago, new week new obsession." Ava said with a encouraging smile.

"But Av, that's exactly what I don't want. Is for people to pity me. I am not one of Vanessa's victims!"

"Scarlett it's great to see you."

I turned my head to the side to see Leo. I opened my arms for a hug. "Hey Leo! It's great to see you too." I said with a light smile.

He chuckled and looked at Ava smiled, and she smiled back.

What?

It looks like they're okay. "Okay Scarlett I'll see you after first." Ava said turning in a different direction. "You too Leo."

But I still find this to be a little weird. I mean whenever Ava and Leo seem to be around each other it's weird and awkward. Yet they show up together at the hospital to see me.

I sighed heavily and turned to look at Leo. For some reason even though I've only known Leo for a few weeks I feel like we're best friends, as weird as that sounds. "You've got to tell me what's going on between you and Ava right now!" I demanded.

"Very funny, we aren't best friends quite yet Scar!"

"You're not funny!" I laughed sarcastically, "Tell me now!"

"Fine, fine! I was just joking." Leo said laughing. "Ava and I dated only for a few months before summer. It really just didn't work out." Leo said with a shrug. "She was too needy."

"Then why did you guys show up at the hospital together?" I asked. "And how dare you say that about my best friend!" I lightly hit his arm.

He shrugged, "Because I just had to come see you!" He said messing with my hair. "And we are friends."

"Hey don't touch my hair. Unlike you guys it takes a lot of time to make my beautiful blonde hair actually beautiful."

Leo scrunched his eyebrows together. "But you don't have blonde hair?"

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"You said you have blonde hair but you don't." He said narrowing his eyes.

The harsh reality kicked back in. Reminding me that the past needs to stay in the past. Something like this can't happen again. "Whatever, I meant brown of course." I forced myself to smile, "I have to get to class before everyone thinks I'm dead. I'll see you at lunch Leo." I said turning my heel as I walked towards my first class which was math that. . . Jace happened to be in.

Jace? He hadn't really come up in my mind at all in the days I was recovering.

As I walked through the hallways I got several looks. Which only made my nerves worst. My palms began to sweat. God I felt like screaming at them to stop looking at me.

As I approached my math class I took a deep breath and walked in. As soon as I walked in the class fell silent. I noticed Vanessa. I never noticed her before. Why was she in this class? From all the looks I was getting my face burned, and my heart beat increased. I was pretty sure everyone in the class could hear it.

"Scarlett isn't it great to have you back. After that tragic accident." Mrs. Rogers my math teacher said. "Are you okay?"

An accident? Is that what everyone honestly thinks? "It wasn't-" I awkwardly cut myself off. Realizing Vanessa was sitting right in front of me. "I'm fine, thank you." I continued.

Vanessa fake gasped. "Oh my god Scarlett." She said waving her arms in the air. "I saw what happened! I was right behind you, I'm so happy you're okay."

My face turned a darker shade of red. Not because I was embarrassed, but because I was simply mad. My body was filled with pure rage. How could everyone believe Vanessa over me? Actually that's a dumb question of course they would. Well what do I expect it's expected. She's has a lot of friends and she seems nice.

I glanced over at Jace. He was looking right at me. His blue eyes burning holes. He looked angry but why was he always angry? But maybe not at me this time.

"Please take your seat Scarlett." Mrs. Rogers said pointing to the empty seat next to Jace.

---
AN
Hey guys hope you enjoy this update. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 300 READS! It's crazy!!!! Love you all❤❤❤
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share with friends!!!