Chapter 2: Not where you belong

Authors note: Can't believe I have had 13 reads already so thank you to those people! It would mean the world if you commented on what you think and how I can improve! Please continue reading and bear with me. Thanks :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone sighed and undid their seatbelts.

"Mum can I go outside?" Max asked  hastily.

"Okay but stay right by the car sweetie" Claire huffed, "Kelly are you going, it would be good to get some fresh air." She asked while leaning over to get the baby out of the booster seat.
                                                                                                                                               "Yeah okay." Kelly shoved her phone into her pocket and left the car.

Claire undid the baby's seatbelt, bringing him to the front two seats.

"Mum look I found such a cool bug!" Max brought  a black bug to Claire's view through her side window.
                                                                                                                                               "Wow!" She cradled the baby whilst peering at the bug.

Minuets turned by, the sun already making its way into sunset.

"Mum!!"

Suddenly Claire turned rapidly to the other window when hearing Kelly's cries.

"Mum it's the car!' Kelly cried, running over the window and shoving herself inside.

"What?" Claire asked in confusion. She then turned to see the same black four by four driving towards them.

"Okay Max get in the car, they probably want directions." Claire said as she rolled up the car window, "and Kelly please calm down sweetheart."

The car slowly came round from behind them and stopped only a few metres away. The windows were completely blacked out and the number plate was missing.

Everyone held their breath for those few seconds.

Suddenly a man came out of the car. He was wearing all black and had a scar torn across his face.

He leaned on the  car window and gestured for Claire to roll it down. His lips curled into a smile and his blood shot eyes stared inside the car.

"Why hello there." His voice was crooked, "are you lost?" He asked, whilst peering through to look at Kelly and Max in the back.

"Well my husband just left down the path to find help" Claire started to explain.

"Oh no need!" He opened his arms, "we practically own this woods" he laughed.

"Oh is that so?" Claire laughed nervously.

"Yes it is!" He brought his hand into the car, "I'm Chris."

"Claire" Claire shook his with her spare hand, "this is Max and this is Kelly" she nodded to the back seats, Kelly furiously biting her nails.

"Well what seems to be the problem, flat tire or?-"

"We actually just ran out of fuel." Claire cradled the baby.

"I'll tell you what, why don't I give you a lift, go pick your husband up and I'll take you to our hut, we have a phone and a map and also probably some fuel!"

His offer was too kind to refuse.

"Oh no please we don't want you to go through that trouble!" Claire said, calming the awoken baby.

"Oh no." He laughed, "Its no trouble! This is my fun time, helping people out!"

He leaned further into the car, "so please" he said sternly, "let me help."

Claire nodded and quickly gestured for the kids to get out.

Chris's smile seemed to glow as he opened the door for Kelly and Max.

Chris was about 40 or 50, his eyes not staying off the four of the family.

"Let me get the booster seat" Claire reached over.

"Oh we only have one seat and the rest will have to sit in the trailer." Chris turned back to his car.

A silence followed as Claire unclipped the booster.

"Let me." Chris opened the four by fours door to show two other men state in the back, also dressed in black. One was a couple years older than Kelly and one around 30 years of age.

The baby was strapped between the men and the other three climbed into the trailer.

Kelly huddled herself into the corner of the trailer, convincing herself that this was a good idea.

"Kelly, I swear biting nails is what babies do." Max chuckled.

"Shut up!" Kelly fired back.

Claire said nothing, still regretting leaving her baby alone with the men.

The four by four drove away, and all Claire, Max and Kelly could hear were the laughs of the men for the whole way there.