Chapter 5: Run

Authors note: Sorry this is a very short chapter but I hope you enjoy! Thank you all and keep on reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first of the five hours passed quickly. The three went with the plan and just ran onwards from the direction they came.

"We need to make camp." Max strongly suggested.

"We don't have time." Claire stammered.

"But if we don't hide they will find us." Max mumbled.

"Not if we keep going and find the car." Claire kept on speed walking.

"What about dad?" Max asked.

"If he knows us he will know that we would head for the car." Claire declared.

The two kept silent for a while. It was very surreal and felt like some kind of nightmare.

"This is going to take a long time mum, it was almost an hour to get from the car to the hut." Max reminded her.

"I said we keep going Max!" Claire hollered, "What part of the plan do you not understand?" She got louder.

"Its just that-"

"I don't care!" She shouted, "you are going to do as I say! Do you understand?"

Max nodded and kept on walking.

"We are being chased by six grown men." Claire huffed, "so we go and get your Dad and get out of here as soon as possible to call the police."

It sounded reasonable.

"Its like we are in a film." Kelly spoke for the first time In a while.

The other two didn't speak.

"A horror film where everybody dies." She started to sob.

"Kelly those films aren't real." Claire reminded here.

"We are going to die" Kelly slowly started to fall onto her knees.

"Kelly sweetheart-"

"We are going to die!" She started to cry hysterically.

"Kelly come on, we are not going to die."

"What do you think this is Mum?" Kelly cried, "Some kind of fun game where we just run away and find safety?"

"Kelly-"

"NO! We are in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to eat, nowhere to stay and no one to help!" She placed her face in her hands.

The other stayed silent and watched Kelly melt into a ball of tears.

"We need to keep going Kelly." Claire lifted her up and let her lean on her shoulder.

"We are going to die." Kelly croaked.

"Listen by my calculation we only have a little more to go till we get close." Claire stated.

They continued along the path, taking lefts and rights to what Kelly could remember.

"Why don't we talk about some happy things?" Claire suggested, " like that pizza place we went to?"

Max smirked briefly.

"And they had mayonnaise pizza!" Claire laughed, "It was not good."

They carried on, a little happier.

Suddenly something caught their eyes in the distance.

"Its the car!" Claire cried out, tears filling her eyes.

"We made it, I cant believe it!" They all started running towards the vehicle.

"Dad!" Max called out, "dad!" He repeated whilst running.

"Wait look there's a figure near that tree, I think its dad!" Kelly laughed, beginning to run faster.

It wasn't long till they arrived near the car.

"Look its dad!" Max ran up to the car, "Dad it's us! We made it!"

Time suddenly slowed right down.

"Oh god." Claire collapsed to the floor.

Benjamin hung dead from the tree.