Chapter 16: Waiting

Kelly held her breath as she watched the officer intensely.

But he didn't come any closer. He actually laughed at something Chris said and shook his hand.

Claire looked on in disbelief.

"Here." The officer said, and handed Chris some documents.

They shook hands again and broke off.

"Let's go." Chris came back into the truck as the officers turned in the other direction back into their car.

"What happened?" Declan asked, you could her the edge on his voice.

"They found the body, I said I was just passing by and I hadn't heard anything." And Chris left it at that.

They stopped outside the shack.

"Come on." Chris opened the doors for them, but was no longer smiling his toothy grin.

"Where is my baby." Claire cried, running to the shack.

"Hang on hang on." He unlocked the door and waited till they all came in before locking it behind them.

It still smelled like something had died in there.

"Where is she?" Claire demanded.

"Oh Claire, my dearest Claire." He turned from facing the locked door, she looked at him in confusion.

Kelly suddenly realised what was going on.

"This is a trap." Kelly said.

Chris just laughed, "you have been such a pain." He said, starting to raise his voice, "back then I nearly got caught! Because of you stupid stupid family." He took a breath, " so now if going to redeem myself."

"And kill every single one of you."

"The way it should of been done."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!😂 Please don't forget to vote and comment, thank you ❤🌟