Chapter 8: Only time will tell

Heya everybody, please keep on reading and vote vote vote!!! Hope you enjoy and comment on what you would do in this situation!xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sunset slowly edged into the break of mid morning. Luckily for the three of the family that roamed the woods, the summer weather kept the air cool and comfortable.

However; Kelly seemed to shiver in anticipation and fret that any one of the psycho men could jump out and grab her at any second.                                                                                                               Even as she reached the 2000 steps, she carried on just to be safe. She hadn't much at all and the sleep deprivation seemed to get the better of her.

"HELP." She shouted as tears streamed from her eyes. "Please" She cried form under her trembling breathe. She squatted behind the tree and got out her last cracker. She cried herself to sleep for the second time that day.

***

Max sat behind the tree with his eyes wide open. Even without sleep he still managed to jump at the tiniest sound. He was almost holding his breath, worrying that they would hear his quick paced heart beat through his chest.                                                                                                                        He thought about how by now he would be in a cosy bed, probably waking up to the sunrise and ready to go out to somewhere nice. He then realised that this holiday was now officially over. All the fun was gone. All the excitement of a Disney land holiday of a lifetime was gone. Their life has changed forever.  

He tried helplessly not to break down. He was so numb with pain that it wasn't that hard to hold back the tears.

Max suddenly turned, thinking he heard a faint scream in the distance.  He held his body closer and thought about all the different things that could of caused that scream.

Was it Kelly being attacked with a machete? His Mum being stabbed with a massive knife?

He was then slightly relieved to remember that the rules were to only take a person back to hut.

Max got out his blanket and ate another cracker, it was now later hours into the morning. This made things a lot worse. Unlike the horror movies Max was more terrified of the daylight than the spooky night.

More light. More chances that they could spot you.

Never the less Max started to drift off into a sleep. Except this time there was no one to wake them up.

***

Claire couldn't stop picking at the skin on her lips and arms in anxiety. She tied her hair out of her face and just stared into the woods for minutes on end.

She then heard a scream. It was faint but enough to make her cry again in worry that her children were dead and she had failed at life. Failed her children.

She was now officially a widow and wasn't even sure how many of her kids were still alive. She looked down at her shaking hands and wondered if even she was alive. What if it was all fake? Claire started to laugh and rub at her face with her palms.

She prayed quietly whilst rocking back and forth under the tree. For her children and herself. She prayed that her all her precious children were alive and well. She prayed that there will be a way of escape for them. She prayed that everything will be alright in the end.

For that, only time will tell.