Chapter 11: Hello?

It had been two days. Claire was continuously counting the seconds that went by, so close and yet so far away to the third day.

She shook, her brittle bones clattering in the rising sun of the second day. She had stayed under the same tree, starving and thirsty.

Suddenly a cry came from the same place she heard it last night. But this time it was more prominent.

She knew it had to be Kelly.

A whirlwind of thoughts crept into her head. Should she stay here? Should she try to help?

Claire stayed for only seconds longer before she started to run into the directions of the call. Here legs carried her well for only a few minutes. Then the exhaustion got to her. Heaving heavily she had to lean against a tree to catch her breath.

"Kill me now." A little cry from her right made Claire jump out of her skin.

"Just do it." The voice said again.

Claire carefully went round the other side of the tree, to find Kelly half unconscience on the ground.

"Oh Kelly!" Claire cried and cradled her child.

"Just kill me Declan just do it!" Kelly's eyes were closed but her head faced in Claire's direction.

Claire untightened her grip and looked down at Kelly."It's your mum Kelly." she started to cry," I would never hurt you."

"JUST END ME DECLAN I WANT TO DIE" Kelly screamed and grabbed Claire's hands and put them around her own neck.

"Kelly stop!" Claire cried and got back up, free of Kelly's grip.

"Kelly what did he do to you?" Claire looked down at her torn clothes and blood coming from her leg.

"Oh god." Claire sat next to her and stroked her back, crying.

After half an hour, something broke the silence.

It was water. A stream? A river?

"Kelly wake up honey!" Claire shook her gently in excitement.

"Take me." Kelly turned round and sat up, her eyes still closed.

"I think I hear water!" Claire sat up and lifted Kelly off the ground, "come on this will make you feel better."

"Just kill me." Kelly muttered.

Claire started to half drag Kelly across the floor, the water becoming clearer in the distance.

"We are going to be alright!" Claire laughed.

"Were are we going?" Kelly asked, her eyes still closed.

"To safety honey, we are going to be okay!" Claire laughed.

It wasn't long till they reached a tiny stream. The relief overwhelmed Claire.

"Come here." Claire lay her down and cupped here hands into the cold water. She quickly brought her hands to Kelly's mouth and poured the water in.

Kelly started to cough and sat up, she cleared her throat and carefully opened  tiny slits in her eye.

"Am I dead mum?" Kelly asked and looked over to the water.

"No, in fact I think we just got closer to being alive." Claire fed Kelly more water.

"He hurt me Mum, and I couldn't do anything about it." Kelly spoke after a few more minuets of drinking, "I thought he was going to kill me" she said quietly, "but instead he did something worse, and made me want to die."

"We aren't near them anymore Kelly." She stroked her head, "we are going to be alright." Claire sighed and let the tears fall down her face.

But was already too late, they were never going to be alright.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry its been so long. AHHH I hate being so busy :((( but anyways hope you enjoyed and please please please please vote and comment cos you only have to press a few buttons and it makes my day! Thank you all xoxox