Chapter 7: The chase is on

Wow I have been so inactive I am so sorry! I am trying as hard as I can, it's just I have a lot of work at the moment! Hope you enjoy this short chapter and don't forget to vote and keep reading! xoxo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HELP!" Max started to run over.

"Max stop!" Claire harshly whispered and pulled on his hoodie.

"What do you mean stop?!" Max gasped, "we need help!"

"Mum we need to go over!" Kelly started to go over as well as Max.

"Come back over here now!" Claire nearly shouted. "You need to understand that these people can't help us. They will not have signal and even if the police are called then we can't just leave the baby!" Claire desperately tried to persuade them.

"Why would it hurt telling them?" Max argued.

"Because then they will be killed too!" Claire started to leave in the other direction.

"Mum we need help now!" Max stated.

Claire turned around and grabbed Max around his hood, "you listen to me!" She spat. "We got here in the first place, so we will leave here like we came okay?"

Kelly and Max looked at each other, even if she want making sense they knew they needed to leave it.

"Now let's get back on track!" Claire adjusted her bag and led the way.

"That was a mistake mum." Max mumbled.

"Now we are dead for sure."

They knew she heard but she stayed silent.

After what seemed a lifetime of silence, Kelly spoke up, "How long left do we have?"

Claire looked at her watch and stood still.

"We have 10 minutes." 

They all stopped as they came to realisation that it was actually going to begin.

"Or who knows" Claire added, "they may have already left because we have only had an accurate source of time for a bit." Tears fell down Kelly's face.

"What do we do-" Max asked desperately. They didn't make plans for this point in the chase.

"We have to split up!" Claire declared. "Max, you go 2000 steps west and Kelly east."

Kelly and Max started to shake and get more teary.

"Mum-"

"Here is some food!" She rummaged through her bag and sorted them individual plastic bags of resources.

"If you see one of them, just run or hide." She put her bag back on. She then looked at them both and took a deep breath "And I want you to know that I love you both so much." She started to cry heavily.

"Mum-" Kelly and Max cried as they went in to give her a hug.

"You be good and-" she sniffed. "And if I don't see you again I want you to know that I will always, always love you."

They cried and hugged for 10 minutes straight.

"Go, go!" Claire pushed them away.

The clock started.

The chase was on.