Chapter 15: Keep your enemies closer

The ride back was shorter than anticipated. Kelly shuffled uncomfortably on the car seat as she attempted not to notice Declan staring at her.

"I have to give it to you" Declan smiled, still looking at Kelly, "you're the first lot to ever make it the 3 days" he chuckled.

The three of the family, obviously unimpressed grimaced at the thought of other families dead.

"You're sick." Kelly mumbled under her breathe, this time it was Declan pretending not to notice.

Suddenly a wave of silence passed over them as they drove passed the car, were Benjamin was hanged.

But we wasn't there anymore.

Declan leaned over and whispered something to one of the other men, also looking slightly distressed. Claire started to cry softly into her hands.

Declan didn't look at Kelly for the rest of the way back.

********

"Home sweet home." Chris pulled the car closer into the approaching shack.

"Chris wait." Declan said hastily but Chris had already noticed.

It was the police, waiting at the entrance of the building.

"Oh my god it's the police!" Claire sighed loudly in relief, "you need to let us out now! We won, let us go and speak to them."

"Shut the fuck up and don't move." Declan whispered harshly and pulled out a gun, facing it towards them from his lap. The three stopped in complete surprise.

"Wha-" Kelly said in confusion but stopped by the sudden abrupt stop of the car.

"You move and I kill you." They knew we wasn't joking.

The car purposely stopped further away than needed and Chris quickly exited the car.

"Hi can I help you." He smiled politely and shook their hands.

It was hard to hear the rest, all mufled talk. However Kelly noticed how the officer pointed to the direction of were Benjamin was hanged.

Kelly started to cry again. It would be so easy to just get the police officers attention, but Declan could kill all of them in a matter of seconds. Of course the officers would hear the gunshots but they didn't want to risk their lives when they were going to be set free after anyway.

Well that's what Chris promised.

Suddenly one of the officers pointed at the car.

"Shit." They heard Declan mumble.

Kelly clenched her fists, waiting for the officer to step towards the vehicle...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank y'all for reading, I hope you enjoyed that chapter!!! have to say its getting very intense!! :) xoxo