R for Rouges

Thank you sunflowerin for this awesome cover!

************
We were laying on the carpet, side by side with the album in-between us, staring at the ceiling and talking about everything and nothing.

“What does he do? Ryan. Where does he get all his money? I mean he owns a Benz and a huge villa and that too in this economy”. He is 25 and he already has a job, a house and a car. She gave me a surprised look, turned and laid on her side,  propped up on her elbow, hand supporting her head.

“He owns a company. I thought you knew”

“What?”, I moved, mirroring her position.

“He inherited it from his Father. Ben is the acting CEO now but Ryan will take over soon”, she said in a matter of fact tone.

“I never knew that”. I thought he had a really nice job with a really good paycheck.

“Bleiz Techs. Literally the only company in technology in Sanbornton. How did you miss that?”

“Guess I didn’t connect the dots”, she began to laugh, her eyes crinkling at the corners and I couldn’t help but join her.

All of a sudden, her smile dropped off her face. She turned pale, her eyes glazed as she stared into the space, her posture rigid.

"Alice", I shook her by her shoulders, "Are you okay?".

She murmured something incoherently. All I managed to hear was 'rogues'.

"Alice. Breathe. Come on. Breathe in", I propped her up against the headboard of her bed and I jumped off the bed to fetch some water.

She gasped loudly and looked around the room frantically, clutching her stomach.

"What happened Alice?". She ignored my question and ran past me downstairs, with me hot on her heels. The commotion from downstairs kept on getting louder as we neared it.

"Shut the front door and the backyard double door. Get any warriors you could find and put them near those gates. Don't let anybody in or out", she barked orders left and right to the male wolves in the pack house and turned on her heels towards me .

"Bella, go and lock yourself in Ryan's room and don't come out unless it’s any of us. Go", she pushed me towards the stairs. What the fuck?

"Alice. What the hell is going on here?", I yanked her by her arm to face me.

"I'll tell you later. Go quick", she pleaded.

"Tell me. Now", I raised my voice to let her know that I wouldn’t move unless he told me what was going on.

"It’s the rogues. They are here again. They killed one of our warriors. Alpha just now informed me and..."

"And what?". She shook her head.

"Bella please. I'll tell you everything later. Please. Go now", the fear in her eyes scared me and I wordlessly nodded and ran to our old room, bolting the door. I ran across the room and pulled all the windows shut and sat on the bed, shaking.

All I could hear was howling and the commotion from downstairs. The full moon light that seeped through the window and the darkness in the room danced around each other on the wooden floor of the bedroom.

I didn’t know how much time had passed. It was quiet for sometime followed by a loud crash and then it was dead silent again. I should’ve dragged Alice with me. She was out there. Panic started to set in when I heard another crash from downstairs.

I walked to the door but stopped when a loud knock came from the door. I jumped back when another knock came, louder this time, rattling the locked door on its hinges.

"Bella, it’s me. John. Open up”

“John?”, I had my hands on the lock, contemplating whether to open or not.

"You walked in on me today”, a faint, almost defeated chuckle came from the other side, “Open up”.

I opened the door and threw myself into his arms, breathing out a sigh of relief.

“Are you okay?”, he held me at arm’s length and checked me for any injuries.

“I’m fine”, I brushed him off, “Where’s everyone? Is everyone okay? Where’s Alice? ”, I looked behind him, frantically searching for her.

"She’s fine. She is downstairs. Come", he guided me downstairs. Uninjured nursing the injured. Rachel was tending to an ugly gash on a guy’s face and Jimmy sat next to him, a bloody gauze around his arm.

I spotted Alice near the archway that led to the sitting room, leaning against the wall. She wasn’t wounded. Not from where I was standing. I ran up to her and hugged her.

“You are alright”, I sighed when she smiled.

“What the hell happened?” I looked both at her and John, waiting for an explanation.

She looked at John hesitantly and he continued, “It was the rogues. They breached our territory again and killed one of our warriors. We have managed to kill every rogue who trespassed, but-but I think they will be back", he looked tired.

"Where is Ryan?", I looked around searching for him but he was nowhere to be found.

I looked back at John who was looking down, defeated. A sinking feeling of panic swept over me, temporarily paralyzing me.

“John”, I pushed a whisper past my lips, anticipating his next words.

“He ran into the woods. We tried to track him, mind link him, he wouldn’t respond”

“You are saying he’s out there?  In the woods?” I scoffed when he gave me a nod, “You said it yourself, they’ll be back. He’s alone out there, John.  He can be an Alpha, but he couldn’t manage them all alone”, I went off. The more I thought about him being alone in the forest, the more it left a bad taste in my mouth.

“Bella, listen to me-”, I cut him off.

“No. You listen to me. Mind link him or do whatever you do but tell him that if he doesn’t come back, I’ll go into the woods and search him myself. Tell him to take his sorry ass back home”, his lips held a small smile when I was done ranting.

“Luna”, he bowed, and left with his Gamma.

Alice made me sit on the couch and rubbed my circles on my back, “He’ll be fine”. Soon, one of the pack members came in.

"Luna, Alpha is in your place", I cringed when he called me ‘Luna’. I noticed the silence that engulfed the hall when I was bawling out John.

"Take me there", I stood up .

"I'll go with you", Alice followed me. We left Daniel in charge of the pack house since he was next in command.

I got out of the car as soon as it hit the curb and ran upstairs, to his room.

He was sitting on the bed with his back facing me, his shoulders tense. My eyes rested on two deep lacerations on his, all the way from his right shoulder blade to his waist line which were still bleeding, staining the white bed sheet he was sitting on, red.

"Oh my-", I stood frozen at the threshold and I felt my stomach drop.

"Call the doctor. Where is Rachel?", I asked no-one in particular, my heart clenching at the sight of his still fresh wounds.

"Not necessary. They will heal soon", he groaned, glaring at the floor.

I wanted to scream at him, be mad at him, but I was just relieved that he was sitting there in one piece.

"I’ll leave you two alone", John walked past me and out the door, taking Alice with him.

“I’m going to take a shower”, Ryan stood up, groaning and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

"John", I called him out. Both turned around and waited for me to catch up to them.

"I'm sorry if I was rude back there. It wasn’t intentional".

"You weren’t rude. You were just worried”, he pulled me into a hug, softly patting my back. “Take care of him”.

I stood in the hallway, thinking back to the moment when John was silent when I asked him about Ryan, I feared the worst at that exact moment.

The sickeningly familiar sense of loss swept through me and when I finally saw him in his room it felt like I could finally breathe. I was still mad at him for running off like that but it could wait.

But through the course of this fateful night, I realized one thing. It was more than just a deal for me at this point.

***************

Every thing I can see is, fog. Only fog. I guess, they are clouds. Where am I? Heaven! *seeing down from heaven*

On my tombstone : Died of suffocation due to vigorous victory dance :-P

Hell yeah. Our story reached 1K reads. Maybe it is a matter of dust for some, but it means a lot for a 'baby' author, like me.

(The word 'baby' I mentioned here, means I am 'new' writer. So, No rotten tomatoes and eggs. Even my brother is laughing at me. Troll)

Thank you guys for such a great support. Love you a looot (: *retiring in a group hug*

STAY CONNECTED
&
STAY BLESSED

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW <3

With loves and kisses......

Nisha Amol ♡♥♡