You ?!

Bella's POV :

My head was throbbing.  The pain was radiating from the back of my skull all the way to the sides of my forehead. Every single movement only amplified it tenfold. The warm, sticky feeling on the side of my face forced me to open my eyes, which I regretted the next second. The metallic taste of blood, leaking around my teeth and my cracked lip left me nauseous.

The crushing pain shot through one side of my head and I closed my eyes in grimace. It felt like someone took a knife to my skull and was twisting it every once in a while. My eyes flew open.

Knife. Somebody in my bedroom. Break in.

Where was I ? I tried to move my hands and legs only to find the sharp metal cut through my skin with each movement.

"Take it easy ", I snapped my head randomly in all directions in that blinding darkness, unable to locate where that sound came from. "What do you want?"

"Isn't that obvious honey, by now? They want you", his mirth laced voice sounded closer than before.

"Who are you?”, I spit out, sneering, “Have the guts to come in front of me. Coward".

"Coward?”, he laughed sarcastically, “Do you think I am a coward? Well honey, hold an applause for this coward, who successfully kidnapped the Luna of one of the most feared packs", he laughed. I could feel him circling me, stalking me like a predator. The fact that I couldn’t see him and anticipate his next move in the pitch black darkness was unnerving.

"Who are you?", my voice cracked at the end. He has tied me up to a chair, possibly restricting my every move. Anything with a working brain would know taunting him would not end well. Especially for me.

"That curious, huh?"

The light flickered on and I lowered my head, unable to adjust to the sudden bright light. I squeezed my eyes shut and willed the pounding pain in my head to go away, I could barely hear him talking to me.

"Hurts, doesn’t it?". I slowly cracked open my eyes, flinching at every single movement and sound. Patches of dried blood that once fled through my veins and mud caked my hands. Numerous cuts I didn’t remember getting or feeling, stretched all over my arms.

A pair of tattered boots came into my view as he stepped out of the shadows. I followed my eyes up to his smug face. He looked older than he probably was. He was thin but fit enough to win a fist fight with a guy bigger than him. He stood with confidence in his stance, a few feet away from me, hands shoved into his pockets.

Something about him looked familiar. His gaunt grey orbs. His messy black hair. His lopsided grin hid something other than self satisfaction. It was unnerving that I couldn’t place it.

His chuckling sound dragged me back to reality. He looked me right in the eye, his eyes brimming with so many emotions.

"Cat got your tongue, Ellie ?"

Ellie. I choked out a gasp as I felt my breath get knocked out of me. It couldn’t be. There was no way it could be him. The only person who used to call me that was long gone, living his apple-pie life on the opposite side of the world. My stomach dropped and my lips moved on its own.

"Aden?"

-

Ryan's POV:

He was family. He was the Delta of the pack. He was always around, taking part in every meeting. To think that he tipped the rogues off about our whereabouts, attacked the Pack’s lead warrior and kidnapped his Luna made my blood boil with rage.

I might have killed him at first sight if I didn't have anyone with us during interrogation. It's been two hours since my pack warriors caught him and he hasn’t breathed a word yet. Jimmy and John followed me in silence, both of their faces grim.

Each step towards the dungeon was cumbersome. Two huge pillars in the middle of the murky forest came into my view. The poorly lit stone walls which couldn’t hold prayers but had heard a lot of them smelled of fungus and urine.

I walked past the cells, some occupied and some empty, to the interrogation room in which they were holding him. The sound of my boot clunking against the floor echoed as I walked into the cell. It was a hollow concrete cube, one way in and no windows.

The warriors interrogating him stepped aside when I entered, to give me a clear view of that traitor who back-stabbed his own pack.

He was bleeding like anything , his face bruised and bloody, lips torn and leaking blood with saliva and his head hung low.

"Where is she ?"

He raised his head and looked at me with something foreign in his eyes. Hatred. Spite.

"And why do you think I'll tell you", he chuckled, spitting out blood.

"Don't test me , Daniel. I won’t hold back. Where is she?", I snarled, digging my fingernails into my palm.  My patience was running thin.

"You can’t save her. She’ll be dead by the time you step out of your front door ", he chuckled, his voice full of malice.

I was second away from slamming him to the wall and choke the answers out of him but I looked, all I saw was the little boy who grew up with the rest of us.

"Why?”, I swallowed the lump in my throat, “We are family, Daniel". He scoffed and laughed like a maniac.

“Family? That’s a good joke, Ryan”, he jibed, his lips curling in a mocking smile. “I was never your family. My dad left his son and wife behind and died fighting for yours and what did I get? The chance to be your lackey. For my mom to live in that pathetic excuse of a house. Jimmy here gets to be the Gamma of the pack. Alice was the fucking beta female. And you, you got everything. You got a company to run, you are the Alpha and a human mate. That little bitch”, he sneered, “she held too much power for one person”, John held me back when I launched at him, the last string of brotherhood snapping at his choice of words.

“I didn’t want you to die Ryan. Not just like that. I could have done it in your sleep. You trusted me like that”, he scoffed, “I wanted you to suffer. Die the death every single day until you can’t take it anymore. I wanted everything you have stripped out of you and die a painful death”, he leaned back in his chair, a self-satisfactory smile plastered on his lips, “And all that will happen when they drive a silver knife through your little mate’s heart”.

John didn’t hold me back this time. I clamped my fingers in a white-knuckled vise grip and swung at him, punching him square in the jaw. Him toppling over along with his chair and the sound of bone cracking against the concrete floor didn’t stop me from getting on top of him and beat the crap out of him.

I thrashed, still charging at him when two pairs of arms pulled me back. I jerked away from their grips, breathing heavily. Two warriors picked him up along with the chair, his face bloodier than before.

I stalked towards him and rested my hands on the arms of the chair and snarled at him. “Your dad didn’t die protecting mine. He was the one who tipped the rogues off and stabbed them in their backs. Guess it runs in your family”, he thrashed in his chair with whatever energy he had left.

“How dare you talk about my Father like that?”

“Maybe you should have a chat about it with your mother. Ask her why she refused to come live in the pack house when offered. Ask her how you were a Delta even though it doesn’t run in your blood”, he stared at me, not believing my words and shaking his head.

“Now tell me”, I looked at him right in his eyes and said with a tone of finality, “who did you conspire with?”.

He swallowed, knowing full that he had played all his cards and that there was nowhere to run.

“He told me he will ask Bella to say hi to Sarah”.

****************

Hiya guys😍. As I said before , I've been planning to end this story soon coz, my final exams are in near end(😭). Forgive my irregular update schedule. I'm sorry. I really am 😞.

Follow me in Instagram and support me @ma_lyf_ma_rule.

Thank you for your comments and votes. Really guys, it means a lot to me 😊.

Vote. Comment. Fan <3

With loves and kisses.....

Nisha Amol ^-^