What the f***

Thank you for the awesome cover by sikeighties. I really like it.

**********
I was currently doubling up with hysterical laughter in the pack house kitchen leaning against the counter for support, next to an equally amused and smug Ryan, at my dumbstruck friends.

I could go on and about the look on each of their faces for days when they saw the mark on my neck but my personal favourite was Jimmy’s who tripped on invisible air and fell face first on the kitchen floor.

It’s been more than five minutes since we walked in hand in hand and none of them have spoken a single word, they just stood there, frozen mid-air with whatever they were doing, trying to figure out the sight in front of them.

I bit my lips trying to suppress my laughter, silently shaking, when finally John decided to break the ice.

“Did you guys..  Is that..?”. At least he managed to get that out.

As if John has broken a spell or something, one by one got out of their trance. Alice slowly walked towards me, her eyes on my mark all the while. She gently moved my hair shoulder and her smile widened.

“It’s a waxing crescent”, she smiled at Ryan who smiled back proudly at her.

“What’s that?”

Her emerald eyes were sparkling with a look of awe when they snapped back to mine. “We all have different marks similar to different phases of the moon. Waxing crescent is something that’s rare, almost close to none”, she said, “ Waxing crescent is the first phase after a new moon. It’s the symbol of almost everything good in the world. Life. Growth. Fertility and you’ve got two of them”, pulling her shirt aside she showed me her mark, “Mine is a waxing gibbous, a phase just before full moon”.

She pulled into a tight hug, poring all her excitement, awe and joy into that embrace. “You are something out of a myth, Bella”, she whispered before pulling away.

If it wasn’t for Ryan’s reminder that it was time for us to hit the road for college, we would’ve spent the whole day in that kitchen, fawning over each other’s marks..

Another perk of carrying a mark on my neck was, Ryan just couldn’t seem to keep his hands to himself. Ever since we got out of the bathroom in the morning, he was all over me and it didn’t stop even when we had an audience. John had to drag him in the opposite direction.

I haven’t shown any symptoms Madam May has listed in our little meeting today morning, yet. When you look forward to something, time really does fly. A permanent smile has found its way to my lips as I climb my way up the stairs. I stood in the hallway, debating which room to enter, his or mine, but finally settled for mine. I could just join him at night.

Ryan told me that he wouldn't be at home till late in the night as he had some work to catch up with. I microwaved some boxed mac and cheese for dinner. I should really learn how to cook.

The exhaustion of being too excited all day caught up to me and I settled for the night, the faint smell of his cologne and an unfamiliar earthy citrus scent lulling me to sleep.

I woke up at the sound of door creaking. I raised my head to find the bedroom door still locked. A movement in my periphery caught my attention.  I quickly reached for the night lamp only to feel it move out of my grasp followed by a distant crash.

I scurried away, trying to jump on the bed and run but the covers and sheets snagged my legs and I hit the floor with a hard thump, the blankets ripped off the bed with me.

My scream got caught in my throat, my limbs frozen when a glistening knife was pressed against my neck by a gloved hand. A stinging sensation shot through me and a feeling of warm, sticky fluid pooling under hand from where I landed on the shreds of glasses, rose bile to my throat.

I wanted to trash and put up a fight, I wanted to scream but it all died down because of the knife conveniently placed against my carotid.

Sweat drenched my thin t-shirt, the throbbing behind my getting more painful, my muffled screams ringing in my ears, and the thumping of my heart against my chest. I could feel the pressure on the back of my neck increase gradually before I passed out.

Ryan's POV:

I walked the porch steps like my limbs didn’t really belong to me. Each step was a negotiation rather than a normal movement. I tried to massage the knots that had formed in my back. I had to shoot glares at John all day long before he huffed and let me go.

I chuckled softly and walked into the silent, dark home. She must’ve hit the sack.

The warm scent of her lingered in the air, I smiled at the thought of her wandering around our home bare feet.

I gently cracked open the door only to find it drenched in darkness. A cold shiver ran through my spine when a sickening smell of blood invaded my nostrils.

I flipped the light on and froze on my track. I felt my heart drop at the sight of the state the room was in.

Blankets were ripped off the bed, pillows thrown everywhere, and the blood, the pool of blood that was drenching the white bed sheets got my stomach turning. Signs of resistance were everywhere.

The feeling of my life knocked out of me left me gasping for air and the ugly situation finally sunk in.  Bella was taken.
-
“How’s Eric?”, pacing and punching every single thing i could get my hands on couldn’t dampen the anger that was boiling inside me. Eric was found a 100 meters away from our home, bleeding to death by whomever that took her.

It was my fault.

“He hasn’t woken up yet but he will soon, Alpha”, I didn’t want to look John in the eyes and give away the guilt and anger I was feeling towards me.

It was my fault.

“I should’ve known”, I slammed my fist and wished it was hand that cracked not that fucking drywall.

It was my fault.

“It’s not your fault, Ryan”, he cautiously took a step forward but took a better decision and stopped by the threshold. “Placing blame is not going to help. We have to find the rogue that took her and bring her back”

I shook my head. If I was sure about one thing, that was this. “ It wasn’t a Rogue. I could smell a Rogue from a mile away. The one that was in our room tonight wasn’t a rogue”.

“Someone else took her?”.

Something didn’t add up from the beginning. Rogues coming particularly for Bella, as if they had an agenda. As if they were working for someone.

The bitter fact I had a hard time believing was that someone was tipping them off. Someone from inside the pack. Every single rogue attack happened when I was away from her. And each of those attacks happened on the opposite side of the territory, each time away from the previous spot, almost as if to draw our attention away from this part of the pack. Away from Bella. And I was right where they fucking wanted.

All they wanted and waited for was me to mark her before they took her. I closed my eyes shut, my own suffocating me every time I breathed out.

And they have done a good job in covering their tracks, masking the traces of her smell with wolfsbane.

We’ve combed through every single nook and corner of the territory. The tracers couldn’t place her scent and the trackers were met with the dead end on each search. There was nothing to work around. Except Eric.

Every time I tried to reach her through our newly established mind link but it came out blank each time. I knew that she was still alive out there. The lack of excruciating pain that tears through one when they lose their mate was the only thing that was keeping me from going insane.

"Alpha!", my study doors were thrown open and Jimmy walked in, breathing heavily, his face showing all kinds of horror.

“Who was it?”, I stalked towards him, the calmness in my voice even scaring me, waiting carefully for his next words.

His terrified eyes cautiously caught mine, sneaking nervous glances behind me at John.

“Dammit Jimmy, who was it?”. I felt my patience crumbling, waiting for a name. Just the name was enough for me to sink my teeth in their throat before tearing it apart.

He swallowed. "Alpha. It's.....It's Daniel"

************

Cliffhanger ,I guess ;) Trust me guys I'm trying but I'm currently occupied with my studies. Should I keep this book on hold or should I keep writing? PM me or comment here...

Comment. Vote. Fan <3

Stay blessed
&
Stay connected

With loves and kisses.....

Nisha Amol >_<

Muah!!!