Wrong Move

Cover credit goes to awesome and sweet Chisom___. Check her out :)

I was sitting in the dining table chair, which was in the corner of a humongous kitchen, with my legs dangling over the armrest, kicking the air and Alice was sprawled in a chair next to me, who joined me shortly after John left, exhausted from whatever she was doing.

Way to be young and fit.

I watched people move around the modular kitchen. Various kitchen equipment, most of which I didn’t even know how to use, were placed on the counter.

It suddenly occurred to me and I jumped from my seat, startling Alice.

"What's wrong?" She gave me a confusing look.

"I'll be back soon. Where is my luggage ?", I asked.

"Second floor. Last room down the hall in your right. Something wrong?", she sat up straight, confused and worried.

"No. I'll be back. Stay here".

I ran to the second floor through infinite steps skipping two at a time. There were only three rooms on that floor. I ran down the hall and spotted the white wooden door. Luckily it was not locked. Locating my shoulder bag on a couch, I grabbed a certain violet box I was searching for. Closing the door behind me, I ran back downstairs.

She stood up from her chair seeing me.

"What happened?"

"I went to grab this", I handed her the box and waited, gauging her expression and my smile widened when she gasped.

"I got this for your birthday. I forgot to give you because of all the commotion that happened that day". She smiled at me, squealing and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you. This is so beautiful"

"Here, let me", I clasped it around her neck. It looked perfect.

--

I sat in my room, cross legged on the bed, full in stomach after a very liberal dinner.

“Heyyyy”, a very familiar and a very cheery voice answered the call after the first ring.

“Hey you. What are you doing?”, I pulled my phone away as a very loud noise came from her side.

“I was cleaning. That was the vacuum”, she said cutting down the noise.

“At night?”

“I was bored”, I smiled although she couldn’t see Me.

“Already?”. I could hear her breathing. “Yeah, I guess. It is empty here without you”, her tone softened to one of sadness.

“I have left you my favorite cuddle pillow”, I said hoping that it would cheer her up.

“It’s already in my bedroom”, she laughed.

“Maybe you should get a new roommate. That apartment can get really lonely sometimes”

“Maybe, I guess”.

We talked for a few more minutes, about everything and nothing to the point where both of us were yawning. I disconnected the call after numerous ‘miss you’s and ‘goodnight’s. 

I was sitting on the bed, deep in thoughts when a soft knock came from the door. I looked up to see Ryan coming through the doorway.

“Hey. You settled?”, he asked, coming to stand a few steps away from me.