His Spot

I survived college on Gatorade and bottles and bottles of water and took a number of power naps at every gap I could find between class.

Fuck alcohol and fuck Nora’s words of wisdom.

Ryan was kind enough to leave ibuprofen and a nice greasy breast fast for me before leaving for work.

My hangover was almost gone by the time I got back and have gone AWOL by dinner.

I turned around in my rolling chair at a soft knock on my bedroom door.

“You free now?”, Ryan peeked in. Eyeing the almost done paper, I nodded in positive.

“Come with me”, he disappeared behind the door and came back again, “Put something warm”. I grabbed a jacket and put over my hoodie and followed him out.

He waited for me to catch up to him and started walking into the woods. We walked side by side, into the forest that was illuminated by silver beams of moonlight.

“Okay, where are we going?”

“That took exactly”, checking his phone, he said, “ten minutes. Good”. I rolled my eyes at him even though he couldn’t see me in the dark and asked again.

“To my spot”, he said, sneaking a glance at me. “Your spot?”.

“Yes and here we are”, we walked past the tree line and into a clearing. The sky was even more darker and the stars twinkled even more brighter in that moonlit clearing.

“Here”, he gave me a woolen scarf he had brought with him and sat down, patting the spot next to him for me to join him.

“I was planning on bringing you here yesterday but you were wasted and passed out as soon as you hit the front door. So it still counts”. I chuckled.

“Alright”. The winter air was nippy and even with four layers of clothing, I moved closer to him.

“You know”, clearing his throat, he continued, “Everything I know about you and everything you know about me, we heard it from our friends and others. I think it’s high time we put it all out there and get to know each other”, he smiled shyly and snuck a quick glance at me.

I grinned. It was just a simple but a thoughtful gesture and it spoke volumes.

“Okay. Let’s start with the basic”, he smiled that I was down with it.

“I’ll go first. Do you judge a book by it’s cover?”, I threw my head back and laughed.

“You know for most people, basic question is ‘What’s your favorite color’”

“But I already know that”, he shrugged, the corners of his lips twitching. “You do?”.

“It was kind of obvious when we shared the closet”, it was his turn to laugh.

We went back and forth. He caught me off guard with some of his questions and almost all of his answers and judging by his expression, I did too.

“Okay. My turn. What’s your happiest memory?”, I knew where this would go and I wanted to have that conversation with him. His smile was warm and his eyes were nostalgic.

“The first time I met you”, he smiled shyly at me and continued, “and every single one I have of my parents”.

The most intimate and sensual way you could touch someone is by understanding them. I understood the pain behind his smile and he understood mine. Maybe Jimmy was right.

“Mine too”, I whispered into the cool night breeze and I knew he heard that when his smile widened.

“I’m sorry our parents were gone too soon”, his throat bobbed up, his eyes carrying raw emotions.

“Me too”, I leaned my head on his shoulder and released a deep contented sigh. “Mine would’ve liked you”, he chuckled.

“Yeah, I’m irresistible”, I playfully smacked him across his arm and laughed with him.

“Alright. My turn. What’s the most reckless thing you’ve done?”. I didn’t answer right away and when he saw me smiling and scoffed.

“C’mon. The most reckless thing you could do in this small town is not smile back at a stranger”, he chuckled.

“Alright”, I sat up straight and sat hugging my knees, “the most reckless thing I’ve done is moving in with a stranger because he needed my help and”, I caught his waiting gaze and whispered, “falling for him”. Yep, I did.  It was out in the air.

It didn’t have to sit there and wonder if he had heard me right. He inhaled sharply, his eyes widening and his lips parting in surprise, which slowly grew into a grin, eyes crinkling at the ends.

The warm glow of the moon illuminated one side of his face, his long lashes forming shadows on his high cheekbones. His sun kissed skin looked smooth and his eyes, so deep and catastrophic, looked at me like I was the most precious thing he has ever seen. I bit my lip and watched his eyes follow. 

“My turn”, I breathed out and his eyes snapped back to mine, as if he just got out of a binding spell.

“Huh?”, his voice hoarse and husky. He cleared his throat, “What?”.

“It’s my turn”

“Yeah. Your tone”, he loosened his shirt collar and sat up straight, clearly worked up. I smiled at his antics.

“Will you show me your wolf?”, he turned so fast, I thought he would get a whiplash. He looked…concerned .

“I don’t want to scare you”, he voice was low. “You won’t. And you don’t have to worry about impressing me because I have never really seen a wolf before so I don’t have anything to compare you with”, he chuckled. He got up and held his hand out and pulled me up.

Leaning forward for a quick peck, he stepped back and walked towards the woods.

“Where are you going?”. He turned around and pointed at his shirt. “ I don’t want to rip my favorite shirt up”.

“You could strip here”, he threw back his head and laughed. I had to try. “Not happening, missy”, he said over his shoulder and disappeared into the woods.

I felt my stomach drop when I heard a sickening, bone cracking sound. I took a step towards the direction he went but stopped on my tracks when he, or more appropriately, his wolf walked out.

He was hesitant to walk out of the shadows, sacred that he would scare me.

His eyes were larger, a shade darker than his original ones but my favorite pair of eyes nonetheless. His thick fur was so black I couldn’t tell where he ended and the shadows started.

“Hey”, I moved forward, to show him that I wasn’t scared. He took a timid step towards me, close enough to nuzzle into my outstretched hand. And the closer he came, the more I had to crane my neck to look at him. He was huge. Almost 7 feet tall.

I reached up and ran my fingers through his soft fur, stroking and scratching around his ear. A laugh broke out of me when he nuzzled his snout into my hands, his tongue lolling out. He danced around circling me, wagging his tail.

Seeing me struggling to stand on my tip toes, he crouched down and sat on his hind limbs. Each of his warm breaths fanned my face, brushing away the stray strands.

I’ve never seen anything so exotic and majestic in my life. He looked lethal and menacing. Like he could snap your neck in one go if he wanted to. But here he was, letting me pet him like a house dog.

“Who’s a good boy?”, he playfully bared his teeth at me eliciting another fit of laughter from me. “Couldn’t resist”.

He was sitting down like a sphinx, relaxed his tail hanging down and wagging now and then.

“Why don’t you give me a ride back home?”, I kissed his snout and got up to fetch his favourite shirt and pants. When I came back, he was crouching down for me to climb on top of him.

It felt strange but in a good way. His fur felt soft under my grip and I giggled the whole way back home.

I waited for him to shift back and change, in his bedroom. Everything about tonight was beautiful. It was romantic.  We didn’t touch. We didn’t kiss. We talked. And to be understood like that, and not having to search for a topic to keep the conversation going, being comfortable in each other’s silence, isn’t that what a relationship is about. Him being smoking hot was just a bonus.

I couldn’t help but smile at the thought that was occupying my mind. My racing heart was beating wildly against my ribcage and watching him walk through the door didn’t help much.

“What is it?”, he stopped when he saw the look on my face. It will be on my terms. My own words echoed in my brain and a calm and sure smile found its way to my lips.

"Mark me Ryan"

**************

  Whooph *swiping sweat from forehead* I've completed two chapters in a stretch.

   And yeah, it finally happened. I'm planning to end this story guys, coz I find it extremely difficult it to manage it with my schedule. And being a medico, it's very hard.

   But, it doesn't mean I won't write hereafter. I'll. I love writing. Since this is my first story, I don't want to mess with it. Any ways, thank you all for your votes.

    MY HUMAN MATE has crossed 2k reads.

             Stay connected

                        &

              Stay blessed

       Vote. Comment . Fan <3

With loves and kisses....

Nisha Amol >_<

Muah!!