Transformation

"Mark me Ryan".

I saw a pure shock register on his face. There was a split second of surprise but it was quickly masked. It could see the cogs on his head not turning fast enough to process what I just said.

"What?", when he finally talked, his voice was low.

“You heard me”.

Even I was shocked by the determination with which my words came out. His eyes searched mine for any evidence of uncertainty but I was sure he wouldn’t find any.

“Bella- ”. I cut him off.

“I had plenty of time to ask me the same questions you are thinking about right now and I have my answers”, my voice calm and steady, “For the first time in my life I know I want something and I’m willing to give it a try”.

He opened his mouth to say something but I closed the distance and pulled him into a kiss. I tangled my finger in his dark locks, pulling him impossibly closer to me. He tasted divine. His initial hesitation crumbled when I lifted my hoodie and threw it into the darkness of the room, leaving me in my tank top.

“You might want to lay down”, he leaned forward, not breaking the kiss and lifted me by my thighs. I gasped at this unexpected change in position and he walked us back until my back hit the soft mattress.

This felt right. Right that I loved doing this and didn’t have a single moment of hesitation. Right that I was doing this with Ryan.

He lifted his shirt up and tossed it to somewhere in the dark. He hovered over me, the weight of his body deliciously pressing me into the bed. I ran my hand over his warm skin, feeling his muscle flexing under my touch. He propped himself up by his elbows, just enough to look me in the eye, his cold chain grazing my chin.

"It'll hurt, Bella", he breathed, going back to leaving small, lingering kisses down my jaw and the arch of my neck, teasing a patch of sensitive skin over my collarbone.

“Okay”, I wanted to assure him more that I was okay and that I wanted to do this but his distracting lips has turned my brain into a mushy mess and I couldn’t get the words out.

He ran his hands over me, anywhere he could reach, pulling me closer to him. He gently nipped on my neck, grazing with his teeth which sent a blissful shiver down my spine.

He looked up at me, under his lashes, his hesitant electric blue eyes seeking for permission. I put my hands on either side of his face,  made sure that he was paying attention, “I’m ready”. He didn’t say anything, just nodded before leaning down, kissing me.

I knew it would hurt but I was ready for it. At first it felt like a needle prick, a distant pain, but as he sunk his canines into the skin of my neck, a burning sensation swept through me.  Tears welled in my eyes. He licked the blood dripping from the mark with his tongue, sealing the bond and the after-sensation caught me by surprise.

I opened my eyes, breathing open mouthed trying to catch my breath. My vision was blurry from the tears in my eyes. My focus was distorted and when I tried to blink it away, black spots clouded my vision and tunnel vision set in. And the last thing I saw before everything went black was a worry-stricken Ryan patting my cheeks to stop me from closing my eyes, in which by the way, he terribly failed.
-
I’ve never felt this exhausted. My body ached like I’ve run a marathon. I willed my heavy lids open, blinking away the remaining sleep from my tired eyes.

I turned to look at Ryan, curled up beside me on the bed, sleeping on his stomach, mouth partly opened, his soft snores filling the early morning stillness. I followed his big hand to mine, his calloused fingers interlaced with mine in a gentle grip.

I could’ve laid there next to him, all day long, caressing his soft skin and running my fingers through his lustrous locks but the uncontrollable urge to use the bathroom made me gently untangle myself from him and tiptoed to the bathroom.

The reflection on the bathroom was something I wasn’t prepared for. I looked like shit. Every single drop of exhaustion I’ve felt was evident on my face. My eyes were red and puffy, red lines of pillow marks on my cheeks and I didn’t even want to start on my mess of a hair.

But those thoughts disappeared into nothingness when my eyes caught two new scars on my neck just above my collarbone. It was a little darker than a regular scar, almost like a tattoo. They looked like two crescent moons, next to each other. The skin around the mark was still red.

“Hey”, Ryan was leaning against the bathroom threshold, his eyes scanning my face for any form of pain.

He looked even more stunning fresh out of bed, but I had something even more fascinating to look at.

My eyes snapped back to the mark, his mark on my neck and an involuntary audible gasp escaped past my lips when I let my fingers gently graze it.

“It looks good on you”, he came to stand behind me, eyeing my mark in the mirror.

“How did it heal like this? Isn’t it supposed to look like a bite mark”, I released a shaky breath I didn’t know I was holding when I felt him press me against his front, resting his chin on my shoulder.

“It just happens. I don’t know how”, I let myself catch his eyes in the mirror.

His dark messy hair was all over his forehead, sticking out in every direction. His cheeks were still pink from the cold, his wandering eyes still sleepy.  How could a person be this aesthetically pleasing?

“Thank you. You look good too”, I tilted my head away to look at him grinning, my eyes wide in surprise. “What?”.

“I can read your mind. Unless you block me”. He laughed at the look on my face and pulled me closer to him to our prior position, watching us in the mirror.

“Alice is going to freak out”, a playful grin stretched on his lips, crinkling his eyes at the end.

“Everyone is going to freak out”, I couldn’t help the grin from spreading on my lips.

The marble counter was cold against my bare thighs, as I stood against him, my back pressed against his warm front, both of us at a loss for words, gazing at the mark.

“Will you get one too?”, I whispered, not wanting to disturb the moment.

“I will.  When you grow a pair…of canines”, he chuckled, nuzzling his nose into my hair.

If you told me two months back that I would be standing here eyeing my mark happily in the arms of the werewolf Alpha of my best friends, I would’ve laughed at your face. But like I said before, fate is unpredictable.

***************

*standing with a Vibranium shield to protect me from rotten eggs and tomatoes*

Sorry. Sorry. Million times sorry for such a laaaaate update. My last update was on Nov 27 and many things happened in between.

And also, due to a long gap, my writing sucks. I couldn't come up with an idea and thought to leave it until an idea pops out, instead of messing it.

Shoot me with constructive criticism and do checkout my other book "Art Attack".

Anyway guys and girlz, thank you for those who are still reading this book......

Love ya a lot :)

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN <3

With loves and kisses......

Nisha Amol >_<

Muah!!