Trust me

“Bella. They were after you”,  her words rang in my ear.

  After me? What could they possibly want from me?

The ordeal with the slashed tire and me getting abducted by John from the college, Ryan’s attempt to assign a bodyguard, it all began to make sense now.

And what pissed me off even more was that, it all happened way before and every one knew about it for a long time, except me and none of them breathed a word about it.

But the lingering question was why. Why would they come after me?

Ryan was out, busy with the funeral preparations for the warrior who died in the fight last night. Died in a fight trying to protect me.

I somberly stood up, deciding to get some of my college work done. Reaching the foot of the stairs, I stopped. Against the best of my decision, I turned around and walked down the hallway that led to his office.

Once inside, I walked to his office desk. There had to be something.  Unlike John’s, his desk was clearly organized and that only made my job easier. A stack of overused yellow papers tucked away under the laptop caught my eyes. Keeping an eye on the door, I took them and went through it. There was a list of names I didn’t recognize and some others which I did. Scribblings about the  details of the attacks, about his territories, patrols in chronological order daring back to the first day I moved in. At the top of the page, was my name, circled in red. Rest of his drawers were locked. Sighing exasperatedly, I walked out and went back to my room.
-
I couldn't sleep. Maybe because I slept for a good three hours in the afternoon midway through my assignment or because I was tired of being kept in the dark and couldn’t stop wondering what was happening around me.

A dryness in the back of my throat grew steadily stronger  eliciting a continuous fit of coughs. I reached for the jar on the nightstand only to find it empty. Just great. I could go down and get water or I could just lie here and probably choke to death.

Sighing, I rolled out of the bed, grabbed the empty jar and walked out. His door was slightly left ajar, the sound of his faint snores seeping out through the gap.

I quietly creeped down the stairs and into the kitchen. Sliver beams of moonlight seeped through the glass windows illuminating the wooden floor, not enough to devour the darkness but enough to find my way around.

I stopped mid track on my way to the fridge, at the shuffling sound behind me. I turned around on my heels only to find nothing in the midnight darkness.

It could’ve been nothing. It could’ve been just the wind playing tricks. Eyeing the closed windows suspiciously, I walked to the fridge.

The cool liquid against my chapped lips and dry throat felt like heaven sent. I drank greedily from the cool glass and browsed the fridge for some midnight snacks.

A slight change in air behind me caught my attention and stood rooted to the spot when I felt a warm breath fanning my neck which made the hair on my neck stand up.

My blood ran cold and the scream that was caught in my throat tore through me like a shred of glass.

The glass I was holding, slipped from my grip and crashed into the floor, the echoes of it getting lost in my scream.

I ran away, from whatever that was lurking behind me, into the living room, not stopping to look back.

And I shrieked even louder, if that was even possible, when I heard the footsteps follow me through the living room.

The upstairs hallway light was flipped on, illuminating the stairs and a part of the living room faintly. Hurried footsteps rushed down the stairs and I almost sighed a breath of relief when I saw Ryan coming down.

“Hey,  it’s me”. I was temporarily paralyzed at the familiar sound and could have screamed even more at the sight of the person in front of me when I turned around.

“Nora?!”

*************

  Mmm.What gonna happen next? I dunno. He he. I'm just kidding. Apart from few scenes, everything in this story was pre-planned. 

   So, currently, I am wrestling with my anatomy book to pass the internals. God. I am tired.Too many stress for a 17 yr old teen girl.

    Updates will be on random dates. Pardon me for short chapters.

    And guys, you know what, I've crossed 100 followers and our book has crossed 1.5 K reads and 135 votes.

    Thank you guys. Luv u all a lot.

       VOTE. COMMENT. FAN <3

            STAY CONNECTED
                          &
               STAY BLESSED

With loves and kisses.....

Nisha Amol >_<

Muah!!