Chapter 12- Revealing truths

Alley's P.O.V.

"Alley, why is your house covered with blood and green slimes?" I heard Jake asked from behind me.

As the door sprang opened we were greeted by blood and green slimes and I'd be lying if I say I wasn't worried and scared.

"Good question but one that I don't know the answer to." I replied confused.

The living room was decorated with blood and green slimy substances all over the walls, floor and furniture. What the hell happened in here!?

Suddenly there was a loud bang resounding from upstairs, what sounded like the third floor. I turned to Jake wide eyed then started my way towards the spiral staircase.

"What the hell is happening!?" Jake said angrily. He then stopped me,"stay down here. I don't want you getting hurt." He commanded.

"No Jake!" I protested. "This is my house and I can protect myself I have to."

"Alley, why are you so damn stubborn? I'm trying to protect you!" I didn't answer his rhetorical question and just continued my way up the stairs. Behind me I felt his presence following soundlessly.

I reached the third floor and turned left. I continued down until I was at the end of the hall where two doors were. I've never seen any one of them opened before so I didn't know which one to open.

"It's the one on your left." Jake said almost a whisper but I caught it. I nodded my head in thanks. I turned the door knob and slowly opened it.

I was greeted by the sight of my mom mixing god-knows-what. I stepped into the room suddenly relieved it was just mom.

"Mother?" I said confused. "What is going on here?"

"Oh. Alley sweetie, sorry for startling you. We were uh- attacked by.... You know.... So I'm mixing some strong er.." She trailed of awkwardly before her eyes left mine and were looking at something behind me.... Or rather, someone.

I turned around to see Jake leaning against the door frame with his hands in his pockets.

"Mom, this is Jake..... Jake, this is my mom." I said. Mom walked over to Jake and pulled him into a warm motherly embrace. Jake returned her hug before they pulled apart.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Jake." Mother said.

"You as well Mrs. Ramsay." He replied with a polite smile.

"Selene is just fine." Mom said. She hates sounding old, as she likes to put it. Jake nodded. "So how was your date?"

"Great. I really had fun." I replied before continuing seriously, "mom you're drifting from the main topic here."

"Sorry. Remembered when I said something big was gonna happen today?" I nodded. "Well it has started. Does Jake know?"

"Yeah. I told him. Turns out he's a vampire."

"Ohh Kay then. So we need Selena ASAP." Mom said.

I took my phone out of my bag and dialed Selena's number. She picked up after the 4th ring sounding out of breath.

*Selena Alliah Ramsay! Stop making out with Mark. Mom need you ASAP .pronto. Now! Big things are happening.*

I said exaggerating. I could imagine her roll her eyes and blushed when I said to stop making out with Mark.

*Be there in 5.* she said before hanging up.

"Gee. So much manners." I muttered to myself sarcastically but obviously Jake heard (vampire hearing) and let out a little chuckled.