30: Delight in the Dark

"When the world falls behind, then she marks her territory."

It all started with a nightmare. I felt the heat, the fever of the night as I turned in the small space of my bed, I was so accustomed to the hospital bed I hadn't realized I was not in that but another bed. With frightened senses, I jumped, trying to wake up from my deep slumber, and found myself in my room, the room I shared with Musa, where my story started. Musa sat upright beside me with a worried glance, turning the bedside lamp on. He spoke but all fell on deaf ears as I stared at the room. It all happened here, Aleeyah she will come again, I almost lost my girl, my love. He took hold of me screaming something at me, but all I could hear was the blood rushing through my system, my breathing speeding up as sweat poured out of my pores. Tears burned the back of my eyes, bile rising in my throat. He was shaking me vigorously, I was shocked. How could he bring me here, couldn't he take me to my place?

Jumping out of bed, I rushed to the toilet and spilled whatever was inside of me, I could only taste bitter medicine. I was in a state of panic, shocked to see myself here, where it all happened, I couldn't digest it. I almost died because of what happened here. I cried, choking on my vomit. I heard him now, muttering curses at God knows who. He pulled my hair back. I didn't have it in me to fight him away. I didn't want him to see my puke. He helped me to the sink as I washed. I was still crying and I think in all of my panic state I had wasted a good amount of time. Now a little better, I stared at him with so much resentment it must've killed him by the confused expression he was giving me. Why do men have to be so stupid???

I wanted to poke his beautiful eyes out. I wanted to strangle his muscular neck. I wanted to throttle him to a beautiful death, but I stood on the far side of the wall leaning against it for support.

I was more than angry.

"Hoor, are you okay?" He questioned slowly coming towards me. I was giving him a warning look, but I guess I looked like a poor betrayed child.

"Habibti?" He asked concerned, and he neared me, it was all I had to wait for. I was angry, sad, and sorry for myself. I lunged at him. He was surprised and with not so much effort I put my weight on him kicking, punching, and screaming incoherent words. So confused was this stupid man, he lost his balance and fell back, hard on his arse with an oomph.

"Hoor, are you crazy, Yalla, get off me, you crazy woman!!!" He yelled trying to cease my hitting at him.

I won't lie, I was slightly fazed by his hard tone but I was still lost in my sad temperament; I started crying more hardly as my efforts slacked and the fight was leaving my body, the energy to be wild just left me hanging. Taking the moment, the two wrists he was holding were in a tight grip of his long fingers. Slowly he left my wrists and took my small hands in his large, warm ones. Not realizing this before, I noticed I was straddling his hips and leaning on his chest, so close my cheeks heated in embarrassment. How could I let myself be so immature and insolent? Noticing the change in my behavior he leaned onto his elbows getting slightly up. He was worried but a smirk slipped on his plump lips. My breathing was erratic, what had I done!

"I don't know what made you so upset and I wish with all my heart I could take away your hurt right now but I can't if you don't tell me what happened." He spoke slowly in a deep voice as if scolding a child. "And I won't lie, whatever made you do this, thank God! I like us like this more, so wild." He winked as his smirk graced his lips again, more prominently.

I was humiliated, so what if he was my husband, I acted terribly? I wanted to do it the other way, but something came over me and I burst. I wanted to ask him, scold him and never talk to him again but I flipped and well now here I was suffering from sheer embarrassment. The look of concerned amusement filled his sparkly green eyes making my heart do a double flip. Damn him and his sexiness. Trying to get off of him I shifted, but he grabbed me more tightly, not willing to let go. I was flustered by my ever-growing emotions, it was creating a whirlwind inside of me and I was utterly shut inside it. Way to go, Hoor!