36: Headaches and hugs

"When you seek love with all your heart; you shall find its echoes in the universe." ~Rumi

It had been a week since the awful accident of Akbar drowned out of their lives and once again they were in their peace of mind. Musa never told me what happened to the two of them, Akbar and Aleeyah. He mentioned sending them so far away no bird could even see them, imagining him sending them to prison such as Sona in Mexico but that was all she could come up with. There were probably worse prisons in this world. So not to poison my thoughts anymore. I concentrated on my family which now included Miriam who agreed to stay with us until she had other plans.

No one mentioned Akbar but this once Seema did by questioning Musa if Akbar would come back. I couldn't help but notice Abdullah, Miriam, and Musa fall silent and share a secret look and being me I never asked them but it nagged on me so bad I for the first time started thinking that they were lying to me. For the first time, Musa shed no blood of his enemies. He dealt with all of it differently this time but I was starting to doubt that and it made my heart sink even further when I saw the shift in his gaze then I asked him privately. My love was lying to me and I let him, for now.

"Hoor, I want to visit the doctor. Could I take one of your maids please?" This new change in Miriam's character wasn't unnoticed by anyone. I wondered half the time if it all connected to Akbar but I never showed her that we noticed.

"Nonsense. Seema will go with you. I have some work to do otherwise I would've taken you and your brother doesn't quite understand doctor language." Everyone around the table started laughing at that and Musa narrowed his eyes at me crossing his arms over his chest making his biceps pop out in a sexy way.

"I remember I did just fine during your time, Thank You!" His pout was just too cute, I wanted to kiss him but he was on the other end of the table while I was on the other feeding Zahra too.

"Yeah right, the doctor told him to buy some mother-child stuff and he just stared at him with a dumb look and the doctor tried not to sound rude but he, in the end, was going to risk his job just because he scolded Musa for not knowing the basic." Seema howled making him frown.

"Or that one time he had to diaper Zahra when Hoor was admitted into the hospital." Abdullah laughed along and that's how everyone brought out stories of his outclass stupid moments where he wasn't so perfect. The day followed along with no events to occur other than the usual work, home, child, and Husband duties. Once all of us returned home, I was slightly exhausted from spending half my day in the finance department overlooking all the costs that occurred out of range. Miriam sat with Seema chatting about something when I entered, my eyes searched for Zahra but she was nowhere to be seen.

"She's with Abdullah outside," Seema informed me continuing her conversation with Miriam.

Musa informed her that he would be late, said he had some work to take care of and when I offered to go over to him and help out he asked me not to because they would be working on something else entirely then and that I was a big distraction he couldn't afford so I didn't push it and just came home.

"Did Saaiqa come to you?" I asked Saaiqa to visit Seema and to arrange her wedding accordingly.

"She did and we have decided something!" Seema beamed, even Miriam smiled wildly.

"What?" I put my bag down and loosened my headscarf. I wanted a massage to ease my muscles but even I knew I wouldn't get one in a while.

"Miriam is not allowed to travel, she offered to stay behind and oversee the business while we go and have our wedding then you both could come back while I and Abdullah would stay and come after our honeymoon." The glee on her face made me smile, in another time. She would've never put her dreams forward but now she did and I was more than happy to oblige.