A broken deal

It was hard to sleep now that my mind could travel into the nightmare realm. I felt bad for Bill, who had to rescue me or help me get back home. Though his touch on my unconscious being would do the trick most of the time, I still felt bad that he had to keep doing this.

The nightmare realm was a crazy, unorganized place, with evil creatures taking it over. Normally they would find me, but ignore me considering I obviously wasn't human. Most humans made it to the halfway mark between dimensions in their sleep, but my mind allowed me to go further into this terrifying dimension.

How could someone so sweet, so loving, so caring, ever come from this place? Anything not on fire was taken over by some sort of monster. The sky was a scary mixture of red, yellow, and orange. It was almost as if death himself resided here.

Bill would hold my hand, kiss my forehead, or pull me closer to him in order to get me out of this place, but how long could he keep that up for? I mean sure he's the most powerful being in the galaxy right now but... there has to be a moment when he forgets to save me, or just doesn't care and leaves me there right?

"I wouldn't ever leave you there like they left me." Bill whispered tightening his grip around my waist.

"They left you...?"

"My brothers and sisters, friends and family, all left me in that doomed dimension only to be tormented by others. They left me in the middle of a billion year battle for the dimension.

"It used to be a calm and happy place before some being decided he wanted it to be total chaos. That was when everyone I've ever known fled to other dimensions."

"I-I'm sorry Bill." I turned around and snuggled into his shirtless chest. "I had no clue that even happened..."

"It's alright." He sighed. "It's not like it was your fault."

"Yeah but still. I brought the topic up..."

"No you were thinking. I've got nothing against thinking my love." He said pulling my closer to his chest. "I promise you I will never, ever, leave you in that dimension."

"I promise you I will never leave you Bill."

"Deal?" He smiled releasing a hand from my back.

"Deal." I said taking the hand and watching as the two colors swirled together, then disappeared .

"No you get some sleep, I don't want a tired and grumpy (Y/N) in the morning." He laughed.

It was almost as if he put me to sleep, but he didn't. I passed out right then and there, cuddling Bill, in his bed.

Bills POV

Sometimes I wonder how someone so perfect appeared in such an imperfect world. She's so adorable, even in her sleep. The only issue now is, how do I reset the world without harming her?

She loves this planet, she wants to save it from its impending doom, she wants to save humanity from me. She doesn't know It but I will be the cause of the worlds reset, no matter what.

She stirred in her sleep, tossing and turning. She needs me to help her control her powers, she needs me to be her hero.

But in truth I'm the villain in this story, no way could I ever be a hero to her, once she figures out my plan, or anything I've ever done to the world she loves.

She'll hate me. She probably already does, she-

"Bill I could never hate you." She whispered yawning.

"Did I wake you?"

"Yeah but... eh." She shrugged. "I'd rather be with you than be stuck in a dream."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for my thoughts to awaken you..." I sighed.

"I told you it was fine." She said and looked up at me. Her (E/C) eyes glowed the tinyest big.

She was truly something, not human, but not a demon either. She's truly magnificent, a perfect mix between both Dream Demon and Human. I was right when I said I'd never love a human. Instead I fell in love with half of one.

I have to save her from me, and the only way I know how is to go back into the shadows. The flaws in that plan are great, to many things could happen. But what if I messed up her memories? Or just erased them all together?

If I remain in the shadows and protect her, that isn't exactly breaking the deal. I won't be leaving her, and I could take her out of the nightmare realm also in the shadows.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)." I whispered.

"Why?" She asked.

"I have to do something. Something that will make you hate me, but know I will always love you." I smiled.

"Bill you promised not to leave me!" She yelled and pushed me off of her.

"I know darling I know..." I sighed. "But I also promised to protect you. And by leaving I'm-"

"Bill please, I don't care. Just please don't leave me!"

"Could you love someone whose insanity has taken control of them?! Could you love someone like me?!"

"Yes!" She yelled, tears staining her perfect face. "And I promised to forever love you Bill! don't you remember our deal?!"

"I'm sorry." I whispered knocking her out.