Chapter 13

لماذا أنا ضعيف أمامك (why am I weak in front of you)
❤️❤️❤️
ما ذَا يحدث عندما أرى عينك (what happens when I see your eyes)

SOFIA
They had come. I saw two cars and went to inform Hudaa so she could prepare herself. She looked so nervous but I gave her the support and we both went down together. When we were going down I noticed two people who I knew. It was my boss, Zayed and next to him was... was... was.. (Heavy breathing) It was Ammar..

Did he come with the proposal. Hudaa would be so happy. But I don't know why at the thought of that my heart sank, I became restless, and I felt hurt and I wanted to cry. What was happening to me. What do his eyes do to me >

We reached downstairs and I realized that it was Zayed who came with a proposal. My boss came to propose my best friend - it sounded and looked weird but I was happy for Hudaa but I knew her seeing Ammar must have hurt her.

I saw Ammar leave, maybe a phone call. Anyways Zayed was a really good guy from all that I have seen and met him, he was an amazing person and I knew if it worked out Hudaa would be so happy.

Everyone was talking and Zayed's mom was telling us the story of how she met Hudaa's mom and how this proposal happened, it seemed she was so happy and liked Hudaa a lot. The two moms were happy.

Then I was called suddenly by Hudaa to realize a woman sitting and I think she noticed my handbag which was on the sofa. Oh, I hope this doesn't cause a negative impression. I was so nervous. I got to know she was Ammar's mom as he had called her. She was looking at me and I smiled and she smiled back. I was too scared but she just kissed my forehead and prayed dua for me and Hudaa.

I was helping in the serving and everything and as I went outside to take the plates which the maid forgot, I saw him again. He was talking on the phone ~ pure Arabic ~ I felt like laughing because I was Egyptian and him Emirati so we spoke Arabic but different pronunciation.
I couldn't control and I chuckled. He turned and as soon as our eyes met my veins ran dry, my heart was pounding and I quickly looked down and turned, going inside.

It was evening and everyone was leaving and I was leaving too. I bid Hudaa a warm goodbye and was walking outside when I bumped again on to .... and this time we were so close and I guess he noticed the paleness on my face, but I just walked away. And went home.

AMMAR
We had reached. We entered and said salaam to everyone. And sat. After a few moments, I saw two girls coming down a and I recognized them at once, it was Hudaa and Sofia. Seeing her made me feel awkward, because I hadn't seen her since a month ago but my pride just didn't care. She was looking different. She looked elegant. But she wasn't my type at all.

I got a phone call and I noticed that everyone looked at me but I was least bothered. Just called my mom to inform her I am outside and then I left. I heard a lot of laughter and talking from inside and I heard a chuckle from outside, near where I was.

It was her again, she was laughing at me, I gave her a cold glance and it was an eye to eye moment to which she broke by looking down, this girl was weird, outside my league.

People talked and it was evening and everyone was leaving. I had forgotten one of my phones inside which I was going to get.
I turned and bumped again for the thousandth time to Sofia. This time she was really close. I could see her pale face and her nervous eyes. And then she just walked away. I went and took my phone, I didn't see anyone else and just left with my mom to go home.