Chapter 21

(Why are you so mesmerizing) لماذا أنت يفتن ذلك
❤️❤️❤️
حتى أنت مالك روحي (until you're the owner of my soul)

SOFIA
It was 5:30 and I was taken to the salon. Thank God Hudaa was there with me. We got our makeups and hairstyles done. We talked to each other, whenever I would ask her about Zayed she would blush, I guess she had found her love... unlike some of us 'the unfortunate ones with unfaithful hearts.'

We got ready and both of us looked as beautiful as ever. Then we were now going to go to wedding hall. It was 9:00 p.m when the car came with my mom and Hudaa's mom to take us there. They were so happy on seeing us. I was so excited because I missed my mom so much.

We reached there in 10 minutes and our mothers helped us down. The entering song was kept - 'Allah yebarakly feek' and then Hudaa entered as well. We had the same stage but different seats. I was so nervous while passing all those people. But I did it because I didn't want to hurt anyone.

We were taken pictures and I was feeling so hot. And then we heard screams and cheers, I guess the grooms had come. I saw them enter, and Ammar made my heart want to run, made me feel like I needed glucose, made my heartbeat stop beating, he should stop looking so handsome.
He was wearing a white thobe. He came up the stage and sat right next to me and in the middle of us were just lavenders.

Zayed was wearing a white thobe too and Hudaa's cheeks were worse than mine from blushing, she had really fallen in love.

The rings were brought and I offered him my hand and he put the ring with his left hand. As he touched me, I felt my heart race and felt my love awaken and I had this weird feeling.

Then I saw a cut on his right hand - I felt so bad - it looked like it didn't hurt him from the way he seemed so normal although he was also depicting he felt the cut because it was on his right hand which he always used but today he didn't. I was confused but so restless to see his hand.

When he was putting the ring I used my other hand to hold his right hand to check the cut, which was awkward but I didn't make it a big matter in front of people - but I was restless.

I felt hurt seeing him in pain - pain - which wasn't so obvious to him. // .... Emotions overwhelming my unfaithful heart, I told him,

"Assalam Alaikum, Ammar... your hand..."

And they came covering us, his mom and other family members - maybe he didn't hear me :/
After everything, we walked towards the car, my attention on his bruised hand. Before we entered I took the first aid box. He stood there, tall, eyes ~ deep enough to drown me. *all in awe* He made my heart mad and it shivered as I neared him.
I saw him grin and he let out a chuckle, and I asked him, terrified but fearless.

"Why are you laughing ?"

He turned to give me a closer look, his cold eyes examining every detail of mine and finally he spoke in his heavy Emirati accent.

"Am I the doctor or you ?" *smirked*

-I gave him a sideways death glare-

I told him, "I'm your wife,"

He raised his eyebrow side ways and I raised mine sideways too. And he talked again, overwhelming what remained of me, my ears curious to listen to him.
He told me to get into the car but I denied ::) This time I wasn't going to listen to him. And he stared at me - his eyes speaking a lot yet so quiet.

I saw him take a sigh of defeat! He moved up to me, close... closer.... bridging the gap that let air pass between us. And my fragrance blended in his.
*Takes a deep breath*

He broke the moment and said,"Ok, but first get in the car, you are sweating."
And he opened the door for me.

I entered and rested on the seat enjoying the AC. He entered the car and I looked at him. He understood I was waiting for him to forward his hand. He then handed over his hand and I put it in my warm palm which froze when his hand touched me. He was cold just like his heart.
He got cut though it wasn't that bad. Though I was wondering him being a doctor why didn't he dress his wound, did he want me to do it, was he falling for me - but I knew I was overthinking because the moment had passed.

I bandaged it and applied the antiseptic on his instructions. He was seriously directing me on what to do. I did it quietly and we drove to the cottage, 'silently.'

AMMAR
Today I don't why I felt I was hurting that woman. She is now my wife and I am supposed to give her all the love she deserves whether I love her or not she was now my life partner.
We went to the wedding hall and I entered in cheers. And when I looked up, I saw her, I tried to change the way I look at her and now look at her as my wife. She was beautiful (MashaAllah / God has willed). Shyly in a beautiful gown and all decked up.

I went there and she saw the bruise on my hand. I guessed so because she tried asking me when my mom cut the conversation. It was time for the engagement and the rings were brought. She put her warm and soft hands in my cold ones and I put the ring using my left hand.
She knew I was right handed that's why she tried to see what was wrong with me using my left hand. She even took my right hand to see what was wrong and she saw the cut but she didn't say anything so she knew how to behave publicly. But I could see her worried.

I was getting to know her because I wasn't paying attention towards her hence I was feeling guilty. We went outside to head to the cottage. And she told me to open the boot, maybe she wanted to keep something or take something from the bag. But then I saw someone with a first aid box. She was serious, this small bruise had really made her worried. I was ok > For Gods sake I was a doctor.

We started talking rather arguing until I just let her do whatever she wanted because I didn't want to hurt her. I saw her eyes for the first time today. The love, the hopes in her, I just let her do it but in the car. I knew she was feeling hot but was sacrificing for me. So I told her to get inside, the AC was on and I could see the relaxation on her face.

I put my hand forward and she bandaged it on my instructions because I was the doctor. I saw the sincerity in her eyes, the deepness of her integrity and the extent of her love which had no limits. I wanted to entrust myself to her but I couldn't bring myself to it because I hadn't fallen for her. She was just my responsibility. After she finished, she left me silently and we drove silently - just the two of us.