Chapter 14

قلبي ينبض لأجلك (my heart beats for you)
❤️❤️❤️
وعيني تبحث عنك (and my eyes search for you)

HUDAA
When I woke up the next morning I went to my mom and I told her that I agree to this marriage - I thought of trusting God and then just taking a risk and Zayed is a nice guy and I knew he would keep me happy and that my life was going to be settled.

My mom was so happy she was smiling and smiling and praying dua for me. I had no words to explain her expressions at that time and I hugged her. I just felt like I should sacrifice this for my mom.

Later I went to my room and I called Sofia to break this news to her, she was astonished but still so happy for me. I was happy too, I guess my heart was at ease with the consent. Now I was waiting for Zayed's answer.

Later in the afternoon it was a call from their place that Zayed had agreed too. I said الحمد لله (thank God) and prayed. And I was called too. His mom wanted to meet me regarding something. And she told me to go with Sofia too. I called Sofia but she said she wouldn't be able to come because her family was coming today, she had to be at the airport.

Later at 3 I got ready. And I left alone. As I entered, the first person I saw was Naylah. She hugged me and welcomed me warmly. I felt like home. Then I saw Zayed and my heart skipped a beat. He was now my would be husband.
Everything seemed different.

And just then his mom came with Ammar's mom beside her. We greeted each other, passed on hugs and then she noticed, she asked where Sofia was, I tried to explain that her family was coming from Egypt that's why she couldn't make it.

They all understood and I felt great. I was treated so well. Later in the evening Zayed was asked to drop me home. I was feeling nervous as I'd be with him in the car alone, but then I was saved by his young brother, who joined us as he wanted to be dropped somewhere. I felt more comfortable.

I sat behind leaving the brothers infront and Zayed was the one driving. I could see his eyes from the front mirror and I realized he could see me too and that I was staring. His eyes were deep, they showed me hope, and love and commitement.

Then I just looked down. we reached my home and I had this weird feeling where I didnt want to leave. I heard a voice say,"Take care." It was him.
I blushed embarassingly and said,"You too." and I left to enter the house, I felt the distance and the new feelings and the new me...

ZAYED
After the dream I had last night I just didn't know what decision I should take but I trusted Allah and I thought of agreeing to the marrige sacrificing my love.... And I wanted to do something for my mom.
And never, I couldn't hurt my sister and she was in full agreement that I should marry Hudaa and that she was perfect for me. So that morning I made a decision that I agreed to get married, trusting God and committing my life to her.

My mom was so happy. Although I told her I had one condition. No big marrige, I just want a nikkah and one function because my khalas (aunts) would not spare me and would taunt my mom. When we informed Hudaa's family, they happily accepted.

I came home for lunch from office and wasnt going back again. It was 3 and the bell of our house rang. Naylah went to open the door. It was her. She was standing there, shy and she had dressed elegantly,in an elegant abaya. She was now my would be wife and the 'supposed' to be love of my life.

I had to move on anyways. I looked at her and she saw me too, I guess she was nervous. Anyways she met my family. They talked a lot and they really seemed to have loved her alot. She looked behaved and calm opposite to how I had seen her that day at the cafe, shouting at Ammar...
I was thinking I had seen her once before the proposal day. She was the same Ammar's patient who was Sofias friend... the 'shouting' one.

It was evening already. She was about to leave and I was told to drop her. I am sure she would've felt awkward. so I asked Shahid to come with us so I could drop him at our cousin's house instead of him taking another car. And I saw her take a sigh of relief. I guess she was nervous.

She sat behind me. I could see her eyes from the front mirror and she could see mine, in fact I noticed her looking deeply into my blue eyes while her hazel eyes spoke to me. My eyes like me were cold so I saw her look away. but I had seen her eyes I had seen the hopes for this marrige, the trust she had in me and the expectations her heart desired.

we reached her home and she got down. Before she left, out of courtesy I told her to take care and in a rather sweet but shaky voice with pink cheeks she answered, you too.
I felt her. She was trying to fulfill the duties that were to burden her.

And I looked as she entered her house. And me and Shahid left. Shahid was teasing me and making fun of cme that I had fallen in love with Hudaa but deep in my heart I only saw one name who I wasn't supposed to be thinking of now.