The Assassin of the Moonlit Night

I stared at Gaara a bit, but Sasuke's pained voice brought me back. I glanced back at Sasuke. "Wh-What are you doing here?" He demanded of us.

Before I could answer he yelled in pain. He's losing control again. Kakashi said that his curse mark wasn't an issue anymore! That lying little- "Sakura!"

"What?!" She demanded of my brother. I looked up to see Naruto pointing at Gaara. His blue eyes wide with disbelief. "This guy over here, who the heck is he?!"

I fell a bit. Naruto . . .

Sakura glared at my brother. "Gaara." She said, her eyes softening. Sasuke shouted in pain again. Blood dripping from his mouth. "Sasuke!" Sakura and I shouted worriedly. What's wrong?

I sniffed him a bit to check for poison. I didn't find any, but I noticed something. His chakra . . . he doesn't have a lot of it left. What jutsu did he use? He had a decent amount the last I saw him.

Sasuke . . . He needs to get his curse mark under control. "Guys get up! We've got to get out-" Naruto's shout stopped, worrying me.

I looked up to see Gaara in front of us, about to attack. It's directed to Sasuke. "Die Sasuke Uchiha!" No! I stood fast and stood protectively in front of him. "Miyuna no!" Naruto screamed.

Gaara's eyes widened before narrowing. He hit me with his sand arm, flinging me back before pinning me to a tree. I let out a shout of pain as I hit the tree harshly.

I groaned and Gaara grabbed his head in pain. "Sakura, grab Sasuke!" I shouted. Sakura, who was staring at me in horror, snapped out of it and quickly grabbed Sasuke before jumping away from the psychopath.

I struggled in his grip. Shit. Shit, shit, shit! I hit my head against the tree. Why the hell did I do that?! My body reacted on its own. But . . . I don't regret saving Sasuke.

"Miyuna!" He hollered. I glanced at him. His onyx eyes trained on me, filled with worry. I struggled some more before he tightened his grip. I grunted in pain and decided to stop struggling.

Damn it all to hell! "Get out of here! There's no way we can win! Take Sasuke and run!" Naruto glared at me. "I am not leaving you here!" He screamed at me.

Naruto, he's too strong. You're no match for him. And you're stronger then Sakura! And Sasuke . . . my eyes drifted to his. He's weakened considerably. His curse mark is probably making him suffer.

I turned and glared at Gaara. His monstrous face is twisted in a fit of emotions. Rage being the primary one. However . . . my eyes widened. Such sadness.

He's sad, in anguish. And . . . is that loneliness? Can a monster have such emotions?

"You monsters!" Huh?

I remember. How could I not. The taunting of the villagers, their words stabbing through our hearts. The anguish of being betrayed by the people close to you. The loneliness we felt as they all looked at us in anger and disgust.

That's right . . . I've felt those emotions. The rage of hatred towards them, the sadness of their cold actions, and the loneliness amongst the mass of people.

How could I be so stupid? Gaara . . . he's just like me and Naruto. Guilt flooded through me. Why didn't I see this before?

How could I have forgotten all that? He's just like us. But unlike us, nobody went to his side. Instead they treated him like a monster until he eventually became one.

Gaara is a Tailed Beast. Just like Naruto. They grew up in a similar environment, but the outcome became different. Because of the people near him, Naruto turned out different. Those emotions we felt was directed to a better cause, whereas Gaara and mine became twisted.

If it wasn't for the people in our village, I could have turned out just like him. But that's where it's different.

My rage and hatred morphed into love.

Gaara is alone and scared. Guilt, pity, and sadness swelled within me as I lost my will to kill him.

Maybe . . . just maybe we can help him. Naruto and I know his pain very well. But could I talk him down? No. The only one capable of leading him into the light is Naruto.

However that's not going to be easy. Especially considering he's gone this far with those negative emotions. By the looks of things, a fight is unavoidable.

I stared at Gaara sadly. I can feel his emotions flowing into me. So much sadness. So much loneliness.

I gasped as a painful feeling struck my heart. It twisted inside of me. This feeling. I know it. It's . . . betrayal.

"Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura . . ." I muttered. Gaara stared at me, his cold eyes holding nothing but pure rage. "Who are these three to you?!" He demanded.

Yes, although I feel those emotions . . . I don't think we can ever get through to him. Not with his eyes like that.

I glared back at him. "They're my friends. My family. My loved ones." I hissed at him. This seemed to anger him and he gripped me tighter. I yelled out in pain.

It hurts. He's crushing me. Sasuke. Sakura. Naruto. Big brother! It hurts. He squeezed me tighter and I gasped out. It's getting harder to breathe! Sasuke! Naruto! My brother roared loudly. Huh? He lunged at Gaara, his eyes holding anger.

"LET GO OF MY LITTLE SISTER!"