Chapter: 9

*Hope you liked it. Thanks for your support! My book has 2.8 K views! That means so much to me! You are the best! Enjoy!

Scott's P.O.V.

3 hours passed. She didn't make a sound. Her room was locked. "Hey I think we should call Jade and she will go to her room by her window. She will probably do a better job" Liam said. "Sure" Me and Matt said in sync. Matt texted her about everything what happened and she came to our yard. She rushed to the tree to climb up to her room.

Jessica's P.O.V.

I'm so sad. Mom is going to miss my birthday. Again. I cried and cried into my pillow for hours until I fell asleep only to wake up to Carter trying to face-time me. I quickly fixed myself up and answered. "Hey" I said as cheerfully as possible. "Hey. What'chu doing" He said smiling. "Nothing much. And you?" I sad and sniffled. I'm such a dumba$$. "Are you crying" He said starting to get serious. "Yeah. No. It's stupid forget about it" I said looking down.

"You can talk to me" He said. "Nothing just" I took a deep breath before starting. "My mom, she's missing my birthday for the 3rd time and sometimes I feel like she does not have time for me which I can not blame her for. I love her to death but it gets so overwhelming from time to time but what do I do, ask her to quit her job? She is working so hard for the sake of her children as a single mother but I can not help but feel the need for her presence" I said and sighed. He said nothing. "Told you it's stupid"

"It's not stupid. It's actually very common but that's not the point. You're so cute right now" He said warmly. "huh?" I was a little confused. "You say what you worry about and have all these emotions but still can't be mad at people. I mean there's such a small amount of people who are that kindhearted and forgiving as you are. You amaze me" He said thoughtfully. I was melting and sobbing. 

"Carter that's so sweet of you. Did you just make me forget about my problems by complimenting me?" I asked slightly chuckling. "It worked, didn't it?" He said giggling back. "But now you have me to call any time you need to blow off some steam. I'm here for you" He said. "Oh baby, same to SON OF A-I screamed loudly after I heard a loud noise outside my window. 

Scott's P.O.V.

"SON OF A-" We heard a loud shriek coming from upstairs. I guess Jade is doing a great job. "She's going to forget all about this stuff when she sees her birthday present" Liam said. He was currently buying those Shawn Mendes concert tickets, Jessica was rambling about, online. "She is never going to shut up about that gig maybe we should give it a second thought" Matt said jokingly. Instantly our faces became serious as we looked at each other in terror. "Just purchase them before I change my mind" I finally said. 

Jessica's P.O.V.

I threw the phone on my bed and rushed to the window. "Are you freaking kidding me?" I said to my crazy best friend. "Why are not you answering your phone!" She defended herself. "I'm talking to Carter" I said and pointed to my phone on which's screen you could still see my lovely boyfriend's cute face. "Oh. Well, How are you feeling?" She asked to break the ice. "Yes. Carter helped me through it" I whispered to her. "Ooh" She said all excited. "Shh" I spat back. "Well, um. This is awkward. I was kind of on duty from your brothers here but anyway, love you feel better bye" She hugged me and left. Why am I still friends with her. 

I went downstairs and sat next to Liam. He wrapped his arms around me and I put my head on his shoulder. "So everything's alright?" He asked. "Yes I'm fine" I said smiling. 

*The next day

As I told you my birthday is in 3 days. The whole family was sitting on the couch. I was on it with my legs up and my head down. "Guys do we have a birthday cake?" I asked. "Yes we do! I have said it 3 times already!" Scott said. "I know I'm just happy to hear about my birthday cake" I said. Matt smirked. Uh oh.

flashback

It's Matt's 16th birthday. We are at our house by the table where my mom and our relatives sit. Matt was about to blow the candles on the cake Scott was holding. Liam was filming. He did so and I was standing behind him. I pushed his face on the cake. Everyone laughed. "Someone's gonna die" I heard Grace said from the table. "Oh no" I mumbled. He cut little piece of a cake and put my face closer to him with his hand. My left cheek was whole creamy but guess what? He also kissed my cheek with his super creamy lips. "Dang it!" I exclaimed. 

End of flashback

I smiled at the memory. Liam knew what I was thinking of and smirked. "Do you remember this?" Liam said as he showed that video to Matt. "Yes I do" Matt said. "Please?" I gave him a big smile trying to convince him to forget about vengeance. "No?" He mocked my also with a big smile. I just sighed hoping for the best.