[05]- Chapter Five

As soon as I woke up the next day, I glanced around seeing no signs over that creepy girl who was in my room yesterday. Was it all just a nightmare? I wasn’t sure but I hoped it was. Getting out of my bed, I stretched my arms and yawned only to see cuts on my wrist. I gasped, so it wasn’t a nightmare?

Walking over to the edge of the room, I noticed that the kitchen knife was still there and that my encounter with this girl who claimed she’s the ghost of my insecurities was real. I suddenly felt a bit light-headed and afraid, how was this possible? No one can be so insecure that it’ll turn into a form of a ghost right?

Running my fingers through my hair, I picked up the knife ignoring the weird possibilities to this situation and opened my bedroom door. “Mom, Dad, you home?” I called as I closed my door behind me and walked through the halls. But of course, they weren’t here.

Sighing, I walked down the stairs, washed the dried blood from the knife, and placed it back into the drawer. I also dabbed Triple D ointment on my cuts and placed a huge bandage over them. And with that, I turned off the kitchen light and went back upstairs to get ready for school.

But as soon as I walked up the steps, I heard footsteps behind and my heart started to beat faster. No, no, it was just a nightmare. I did snap at my friend, I did attempt to kill myself, but the last part was a nightmare. There is so ghost girl. A bit comforted by my thoughts, I walked upstairs ignoring the supposed footsteps I’ve heard behind me.

When I finally made it to my room, I closed the door behind me and literally screamed in shock. The knife I’ve put back in the drawer was once again on my bed and the blood I have washed off was still there. “You can’t get rid of the fact that you are suicidal” A familiar eerie voice echoed throughout my room. “Nice try though.”

“Shut up!” I snapped putting my hands to my ears. “You aren’t real and I’m not suicidal.”

“Really? Then, let’s test it out.” The girl’s voice replied to me darkly and soon enough the knife came flying at me. Screaming, I ducked out of that way as tears fell from my eyes. “You’re worthless, you are nothing—

“Shut up!” I shouted angrily. “Go away, you don’t exist!”

“Oh but your insecurities do exist.” The girl said to me with an evil chuckle. Ignoring her, I got from where I was, wiped my tears, and picked out something to wear from school as if she wasn’t here. Or maybe she wasn’t, maybe I was just going crazy. “You aren’t crazy, I really do exist.”

I bit my lip to stop me from screaming and immediately ran out of the room once I finished picking out my clothes which were blue jeans with a solid blue tee and a black cardigan.  Running into my bathroom, I locked the door behind me and stripped off my pajamas. “Look at you.” The girl’s voice taunted and once I glanced at the mirror, I screamed.

The creepy girl was staring back at me with an evil grin on her face. She wore the same undergarments as me and almost looked identical to my body. “You’re ugly, look at this.” The girl pinched my skin and I flinched in horror as I felt her hands pinch me.

“No, no! Leave me alone please!” I pleaded in horror as I turned away from the mirror and got dressed, once I was gone, I hesitantly turned back to the mirror and noticed that she was gone.

**

As soon as I drove up to school, I felt a bit paranoid and overwhelmed. Not only was I dealing with the thoughts of being bullied once again, but also that there was a creepy ghost girl following me around. Thankfully, I haven’t seen her once when I told her to please leave me alone. I couldn’t even believe what I was thinking, I sounded so crazy. Pulling myself out of my thoughts, I was just about to head out when my phone started to ring.