[14] - Chapter Fourteen

As soon as I approached my window, I noticed it was Dean and both of his eyes were black eyed and swollen. Gasping in horror, I opened up my window and noticed that his arms and chest were bleeding as well which sent tears to my eyes. Then, I remembered what my insecurity said. “I just came here to tell you that I will hurt the people you care about, just you watch.”

Dean pulled himself up with a painful groan and landed inside of my room with a sigh as I still glanced at him with shock, horror, and tears in my eyes. “D—Dean w-what…” I couldn’t even continue, I was crying so much that everything looked blurry so I wiped my eyes with my hands.

“Can I-I st-stay here?” Dean asked me ignoring my shocked state groaning as he tried to stand up which is when I noticed that his legs were scratched up.

I immediately ran over to him, helped him stand up, and led him towards my bed. Once he was lying down, I sat beside him and ran my fingers through my hair still a bit stunned about this. “Um, okay.”

I know, Dean was beat up, bleeding, and went to me for help and all I could I say was that? I couldn’t help myself though, my insecurity ghost did this. She took this to a new level and what if she harmed my parents and my boyfriend? Tears stung in my eyes and even when I bit my lip, I couldn’t stop them.

“I—I’ll get a first aid kit.” I mumbled shocked that I actually said something and stood up walking towards my bathroom. Along with my kit, I also brought a washcloth and soaked it with lukewarm water.

When I returned, Dean took off his shirt and I blushed immediately as I noticed he had a six pack. But it immediately faded when I noticed that Dean had a huge gash on his chest. He was trying to press his shirt tightly against the gash for comfort and I immediately ran to up to him and sat beside him.

I pulled the shirt away from him and thankfully the gash wasn’t that deep where he would need stitches but it was still pretty huge. “I’m going to help you okay.” I assured him with a sob. Dean looked at me and nodded for he was too much in pain to really chat.

I ran the soaked lukewarm water washcloth over his gash which caused me him to groan painfully and I bit my lip to stop crying. Thankfully, it finally worked. After cleaning his gash, I put antibiotic cream over his gash along his other wounds and bandaged them up. I also gave him two ice packs which he covered over both of his eyes. When I was done treating him, he sat up and turned to me. Pulling his ice packs, he sighed. “You probably want to know what happened, huh.”

“Yeah, I do.” I replied with a sigh since I have a clear picture on who did this.

“My Dad was out of town and I wanted to go to Scott’s party so when I walking there, some jerk just ran me over. And you know what was weird? I didn’t see anyone in there, but I heard a weird cackling laugh. It kind of sounded like you, but I don’t think it was you. Anyway, it took a while for me to get up and when I finally did, my mind told me to come over here since I had nowhere else to go.”

I didn’t even know what to say, it sounded like me? Oh my gosh, how was May killed? Did my insecurity ghost use the same laugh and what if May thought I killed her? Suddenly, I wanted to cry all over again but I held it in. All of the pain in. “I’m so sorry Dean that person is a jerk and I assure you I would never do that to you.” I told him.

“I know,” He sighed. “I just…, I don’t know I guess I’m stupid for thinking it sounded like you but whatever.”

I felt a wave of angriness grow inside of me. “No, you’re not Dean. It’s just a lot of people have my weird laugh.”

Dean snickered. “I guess.”

Pushing myself off of the bed, I suddenly yawned. I was actually glad that I was exhausted I didn’t want to talk about this anymore. “Um, I’m going to go to bed. Put those ice packs over your eyes so I can change.”