[10] - Chapter Ten

I glanced at the mirror and I smiled at myself, I was ecstatic. I made sure I brushed my hair and now it neatly fell on my shoulders. My peach bikini also didn’t even look that bad on me even if I wasn’t the prettiest girl out there. I also painted my fingernails and my toenails light yellow which actually suited my outfit.

I smiled even wider when I was with Kale, I had confidence. That’s why my insecurity ghost wasn’t here to tell me how stupid I looked. Going into my closet, I slipped a peach colored tank top over my swimsuit and instead of wearing jeans; I put on some jeans shorts that I found in my closet.

Once I was finished getting ready, I picked out my flips flops and put everything I needed in a bag which were towels, sunglasses, my phone, and other personal belongings. I felt butterflies roam my stomach as my phone began to ring. Fishing it out, I answer the call button and said, “Hello?”

“Hey” Kale greeted me. “I’m almost at your house; I’ll be there in five and be outside.”

“Okay” I replied back excitedly. “I hope it’s not too freezing out.” As I talked to him, I walked out of my room and onto the hallway.

“It’s not too late McKenzie” He laughed again. “And even if it is, be like Elsa. The cold never bothered her anyway.”

I giggled, he’s so cute. “Okay fine, I’ll see you soon.” And with that, I hung up and didn’t even bother to tell my parents where I was. They didn’t even check up on me once and I bet they still were unaware that I was in the hospital.

Sighing, I brushed it off and opened my front door as I locked it behind me. As soon as I walked outside, a warm breeze hits my face and it actually feels very nice and warm. I giggled, this weather is so bipolar. As I waited for Kale, I decided to text Stef.

Me: Hey Stef c:

Stef: Hi babe, how are you? :D

Me: I’m great, I’m going on another date with Kale :3.

Stef: Aw I ship it. <3 McKale, yeah I like it. It’s your ship name xD.

Me: Wow Stef, it’s not like we’re dating.

Stef: Then ask him out, he so likes you and you like him.

Me: So what’s up?

Stef: I’m just going to pretend that you didn’t change the subject but everything’s going great. I met a couple of new friends and people are pretty nice here. (:

Me: Great. I’m glad you’re having fun ^-^

As soon as I sent the message, Kale honked and I looked up to see his car pulling up my driveway. Slipping my phone back into my bag, I run up to his car and as soon he parked, he came out of the car and tossed me a hug. I hugged him back tightly and blushed on how warm and comfortable he was.

Once he released me, he smiled at me and asked, “Are you ready to go?”

I nodded as we both walked to the passenger’s seat. “Yeah, but where are we going?” He opened the door for me and I silently thanked him before he heads to the driver’s seat.

Once we were both inside of the car, he answered. “It’s a surprise.” I looked up at him and he smiled secretly at me which made me sigh. I wondered where we were going and I was little bit anxious, however this was going to be fun. I could just tell.

“I can’t wait!” I chirped. “Come on, just tell me.”

“No, not yet,” Kale laughed. “You’ll have to wait.” I sighed, I usually was good with surprises but I was too excited to wait.