Chapter 2 - The New House

Beca and Jordan had just arrived at their new house in Georgia. It wasn't a bad place, their house was big.

They loved the house already and they hadn't even gotten through the front door yet. It was a lovely light blue house with four bedrooms, which is exactly what Jordan wanted, that way she and Beca both had their own space to do their own thing as well as their bedrooms. Their front garden was a lovely size, plenty of space for their car to go on the drive way instead of the road.

Beca took a walk round the back garden and noticed how beautiful it was, and noticed that there was a sheltered area, when she looked, she saw there was a hot tub. It had a lovely picket fence at the back and was surrounded by beautiful oak trees. She hadn't even noticed the swimming pool until she nearly fell in because she was looking at the view and just walking. She loved the back garden.

Jordan called Beca and they went in the house. As soon as the girls walked in they looked left and saw the kitchen/dining area and then to the right was the living room. As they walked further in the house, they saw the beautiful wooden stairs and there was a door which had a stamp on saying 'Beca's Space'

"Mum what's this?" Beca asked her mum.

"Open the door and find out baby."

As Beca opened the door, she saw that it was a little music room for her and it was already decorated in her favourite colours. Beca was a keen musician, she knew how to play the guitar, drums, she sang and loved to remix songs. She hoped to work in the music industry one day and being in LA gave her that chance for college.

Beca could hardly say a word, she was speechless. All she did was turn around and hug her mum.

"I take it you like this room?" Jordan said to her daughter whilst hugging her.

Beca nodded.

"I thought, I know you love music, and I want to help, so I asked a couple of guys from work to help me out. That's why I was away last week, so I could do this for you. I'm sorry I lied. But I trust you, you just stay in your room, so I knew you wouldn't get into trouble"

"Mum, it's amazing, thank you, and it's big"

"And the best part? It's soundproof, so I won't hear your drums and neither will the neighbours"

"They're not that loud, Mum"

Through Beca's music room was a little bathroom which she was happy about. She would spend hours making and mixing music.

As they went upstairs, they noticed three bedrooms and a bathroom. All three bedrooms were really big, but also the same size. The bathroom was massive, it had tiled floor, shower, bath, just everything and plenty of space for the girls to put their essential stuff.

"What room would you like, you've got a choice, blue, red or black?" Jordan asked her daughter.

"The red one mum, but can we decorate it a bit?"

"Of course we can, I was going to say that we can re-decorate and maybe put some new wall paper up. We'll go into town tomorrow and we'll get you some nice wall paper, how does that sound?"

"Sounds amazing mum, thank you. What room are you having?"

"Well, I'm actually having the other two, one's going to be my office, the other my bedroom"

After looking around the house more, they went to the car to grab their belongings and started to take their stuff upstairs to unpack.

Beca and Jordan loved this house already and they hadn't been in for an hour yet. Of course they loved their previous house but there wasn't that much room and Beca did her music in her bedroom, but her dream was to be able to have her own room for music, which she has now.

Jordan was happy that Beca loved this house.

"Beca?" Jordan called from downstairs.

"Yeah"

"Just so you know, you start school in two weeks, so tomorrow when we're in town we can get you a new bag and new books before you start, ok? Can you please try and make it work here? I have to be here for a year. No more trouble"

"Ok, I'll try, it's not my fault, no one helped and that teacher had it in for me since I started, you know that. What's wrong with my bag?"

"You've drawn all over it and it's ripped"

"Mum, it's fine"

"No, it's not, no arguments we've just got here, we're getting you new school stuff. You can make a good impression, they were hesitant about taking you in after seeing your record"

"Fine, but again, wasn't my fault. Where is it anyway?"

"It's a 20 minute walk away, so you can cycle"